Will the Royal marriage last?

Will the Royal marriage last?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Royal marriage last?

• Yes
    • No

Lady Diana didn't need a Visa, Sarah Ferguson didn't need a Visa, Mark Phillips didn't need a Visa. Look where all their marriages ended up. Getting married is certainly not an absoulute indication of being in love. Do you seriously think Charles ever really loved Diana?

Looks like I'm in a minority of one at this point, whilst everyone else is still whipped up with the hubris of yesterday's events. Only time will tell.

My point wasn't whether the marriage will last or not, my point was simply that chances are they are in love, at this point. Things change.

Yes I think Charles probably did love Diana. Most people tend to love the person they are getting married to. Of course I don't know for certain, but I do believe he loved her at the time of marriage.

I would bet on it lasting. Not becasue the marriage will be a good one, but mainly down to family, media and public pressure.

I would disagree. I think that media intrusion in particular put an enormous strain on Royal marriages and may be a factor in why so many of them break down.

As regards Charles loving Diana, don't you remember the quote 'whatever love is' when asked if he loved her. He always held a torch for Camilla but could not marry her because of her status. I think the Royals chose Diana as a sacrificial virginal brood mare with the sole purpose of providing a suitable heir. After that was accomplished with the birth of William things soon began to fall apart.

You may be right, ms. I am not an expert on the royals and their private life, mainly because i don't care very much. I honestly don't remember that quote. So yes, you could very well be correct.

In regards to the media putting a strain on the marriage. I think it works both ways. When you are in the limelight like they are, they may want to do everything they can to make the marriage at least 'seem' successful, or even just to make their family proud. It depends on what sort of people they are.

Just come across an article in the Daily Mail about a lip reader who reavealed what was said by the Royals during the day:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382162/Royal-wedding-Lip-reader-reveals-just-WAS-said-ceremony.html

An interesting exchange between the couple occurred during the procession when passing the Cenotaph when William said to Kate 'I don't think you should bow quite yet. I think you should just bow your head, okay?' to which she replied 'Okay. Thank you. Now are you happy?'. He then fawned 'Yes! Yes! It was a beautiful service! It really was. It was amazing... was amazing... am so proud...you're my wife!'

Also, on the balcony it looked like he was practically pleading for her to kiss him for the second time 'One more. That's it, come on!' he said to his wife 'Let's give them another one. I love you. One more kiss, one more kiss, okay?'

There were a few other other funny comments like when Kate asked William 'What's next?' to which he replied 'They want more time I think', followed by 'Just do a bit of everything. Do you like the balloons? [unclear] They go up in the air.'

Also, at no point in the day did she (publicly at least) say he looked handsome, was proud to be married to him, or indeed that she loved him.

I dunno. I have always had the impression that Kate has a cold and calculating side to her and William comes across as a bit thick and behaves like a love-sick puppy dog around her. Are these things on which an enduring marriage can be built?

:loopy::rant:

24 hours on and the ruddy Daily Fail's sticking the knife in already?! :loopy:

Archived