Whats you best football match memory?

Bunking off school to watch the Owls vs Santos in 72.

Owls vs Man U 4-4 in 76 and insisting on standing on the Kop, even though it had been over run by the Mancs.

Away against Millwall at the Den. Terrifying experience! To cap it off SWFC lost, the coach left without me and my mate and we had to figure out how to get back to Sheffield with 70p between us. My mate ended up getting thumped by an Arsenal fan too.

Owls vs Orient. 1-1 last minute rescue. The first goal we had scored in months. At the ime it was the longest any club had gone without scoring and was mentioned on the 6 pm news. "War, famine, pestilence, politics and Sheffield Wednesday have scored a goal".

Boxing Day!

League cup final and the FA semi.

Good times!

Wow. I remember him playing so amazingly well. Ta for putting me straight.

No worries.....Keegan had a great game.I remember the match VERY well,but its one id sooner forget to be honest!

All front row seats in the north stand were full of scunny fans,one rang this bell the whole match,and my old fella told the guy in no uncertain terms where it was going if heard it again,needless to say the guy didnt ring it once.

We left 15 mins early,which was most unusual for my dad,and i got home hoping for an equaliser,as the scores came in on the videoprinter on grandstand,only to hear frank bough repeatedly announce the days massive shock scoreline....

http://www.mirror-photos.co.uk/dm70839/print/1684597.html

Young keegan is in the front row of the dressing room celebrations

Back to my post

Forgettably Weds got 2

:confused:

KanKan Hatrick! Sheffield Wednesday (1) 2 Everton (3) 5

Degryse 64, Hirst 9; Amokachi 4, Ebbrell 10, Kanchelskis 21, 54, 65.

Sheffield Wednesday: Pressman, Atherton, Pembridge (Hyde 74), Nicol, Walker, Briscoe, Hirst (Donaldson 81), Sheridan (Waddle 51), Degryse, Blinker, Whittingham. Booked: Blinker.

Everton: Southall, Unsworth, Watson, Stuart, Amokachi, Ebbrell, Kanchelskis, Hottiger, Grant, Short, Branch (Rideout 46). Subs Not Used: O'Connor, Speare. Booked: Stuart, Short.

Att: 32,724

Ref: M D Reed (Birmingham).

Quote ; "Even the Wednesday supporters applauded the Russian as he left the pitch having completed his first treble in an Everton shirt since the acrimonious £6 million move from Manchester United last summer. "

Edited by mini-me

mmmMMMMMmmm

boxing day 1979

league cup win 1991

fa cup semi final 1993

derby double 2009

All the above but Leeds 1 Owls 3,guy called Woodall got 2,was my 1st away match with my uncle,must have been 12 years old.Couldn't make the play off,was in Kuala Lumper trying to find a telly,finished up phoning me mate every 10 minutes.

Do you have 1 match from your childhood which will always stick in your head? Or a more recent one which you know will stay with you for years to come? was it because the game was brilliant? or because the day out was so much fun? Did something specific happen?

We all support different teams but we all love the same things within the sport of football, the game, the days out, the drinks, getting together with friends/family................

Share you fave memory of our much loved sport!!!

first match i ever went to in 1977 v everton at hillsbro in fa cup, we were in old 3rd division (like now) we lost 0 - 3, they had a reyt side, bob latchford, asa hartford, mick lyons to name a few, it absolutely rained like hell and me and my older cousins had to walk back to lane top cos we didn't have the bus fare, i was 8 yrs old :)

when spurs and klinnsman came and he got the best hat trick on his debut at hillsbro - v chelsea in 5th round of cup in 84 ended 4-4 canoville made it 3-4 then sterland scored a pen, we were up 3-0 at half time, and liverpool in ooh either 84/85 in milk cup just under 50,000 at hillsbro for a night match phil neal got a pen to equalise and it ended up 2-2, too mant to mention on here, some good some bad

when spurs and klinnsman came and he got the best hat trick on his debut at hillsbro - v chelsea in 5th round of cup in 84 ended 4-4 canoville made it 3-4 then sterland scored a pen, we were up 3-0 at half time, and liverpool in ooh either 84/85 in milk cup just under 50,000 at hillsbro for a night match phil neal got a pen to equalise and it ended up 2-2, too mant to mention on here, some good some bad

Klinsmann only scored one goal on his debut in England at Hillsborough, a towering header above Des Walker giving Chris Woods no chance.

Guest sibon

Leaving Wembley in 93 to join a mile long queue for the tube. Stuck next to my United supporting next door neighbour.

Took an hour to get on the train. I don't think that he enjoyed the chat all that much:D

Must be 1966 Cup Final

Gerry Young

This old man No 6 he's the one that Temple licks

Other than that

SUFC 7 Ipswich 0 (Tony Trip Ups Gem)

SUFC 6 Spurs 0 Gazza Lineker et al

SUFC 5 Arsenal 0 (TC sat on ball)

SUFC 3 W Ham 2 (Quality goal from a quality player)

SUFC 3 SWFC 2 ( My eyes have seen the glory of John Tudor score a goal)

And the great double

SUFC 2 SWFC 0 (Deanos return from glandular fever)

SWFC 1 SUFC 3 ( Bobby Davidsons day out)

Edited by Veritas