Whats you best football match memory?

when Imre Varadi scored from the half way line against Liverpool away in the mid 80's & Shelton Scored the 2nd!

Waddle putting Giggs on his arse twice in 1 move!

49.000 at Hillsborough against Newcastle & we won 4-2 in promotion season in mid 80's Only real trouble i seen in perimiter of ground too!

Soo many!

I actually don't think I have been to a 'great' Sheff Wed match. Perhaps the play-off final could be deemed a great game and day, but can't think of great games really, strange really.

I can always remember the away games I have been to and the dodgy loses. The one sticks to mind is when we played Brentford and was winnning 1-0, then they had a player sent off, then Martin Allen got sent off and they ended up winning 2-1. Or when Bournemouth outplayed us at home and beat us 2 or 3 nil. There hasn't been a team in the last 5 years, I have seen play better against us, weird!

when Imre Varadi scored from the half way line against Liverpool away in the mid 80's & Shelton Scored the 2nd!

Waddle putting Giggs on his arse twice in 1 move!

49.000 at Hillsborough against Newcastle & we won 4-2 in promotion season in mid 80's Only real trouble i seen in perimiter of ground too!

Soo many!

That match with newcastle where varadi wouldnt celebrate his goals....pulsating game that was,keegan and mcdermott with a young waddler playing for the mags.

Funny enough,the game wasnt on tv,and no cameras were present on the tv gantry,but.....i was upstairs in rackhams a few weeks after looking for a new tv,and on every single screen of the top row of screens was...the wednesday newcastle match.

I asked the assistant if he could get me a copy,but he said that they werent his and hed no idea who owned them,but it was the entire match,no highlights or commentary or replays.i stood and watched for about 20-25 mins:)

Thats when the old team was in there prime, Harkes, Sheridan, Hirst, Waddle, and others had a great team spirit at the time.

My dad, 83, says that's the best Wednesday side ever. I think he's probably right, but thought I'd chuck it in there for people to agree or not.

Anyway, some fine memories of when we weren't rubbish.

Sheffield United 4 Nottingham Forest 3.

The 2003 play off semi final.

This game was voted in the top 3 of clubs games of the noughties by Sky Sports viewers.

It will be a long long time before United or any of our local teams play in a game to get that sort of recognition again.

Sheffield United 4 Nottingham Forest 3.

The 2003 play off semi final.

This game was voted in the top 3 of clubs games of the noughties by Sky Sports viewers.

It will be a long long time before United or any of our local teams play in a game to get that sort of recognition again.

it will be a long time for United......that's certain:hihi::hihi: