America on holiday-any advice where to go?

Thank you. From reading tripadvisor it seems international drive

Is Great without a car as there are shuttles up and down to all parks so

Think we will go there

:)

And remember. Don't feed the gators. Save that for the pelicans :)

I'll take Connectictut in spring or fall anytime over Disneyworld which is choc a bloc full of tourists paying outrageous prices
that is true during the summer months when frankly its way too hot to do anything without taking on enough water to fill a small swimming pool, we always go in either oct,nov,dec or jan the temp in these months is from low 80's to high 80's which is just nice plus all the parks arnt half as full, an all round more enjoyable holiday experience.

I don't know what the fuss is about International drive :huh: it's just a long stretch of road, you see quite a few slums and trailer parks on the way, just gets a bit better the closer you get to Disney.

Anyhow we don't get tourists in Connecticut where I live, nothing to do but look at the lovely scenery and nice waterfronts :love:

I think the 'fuss' is that for tourists its central for the park and has free shuttle rides up and down the road for all the park, shops restaurants etc...so its probably one of the best places to go for convenience if you want the experience of the parks and shopping etc....Obviously if you want different type of experience and then this is not the palce to go, but for tourists who do its ideal.

that is true during the summer months when frankly its way too hot to do anything without taking on enough water to fill a small swimming pool, we always go in either oct,nov,dec or jan the temp in these months is from low 80's to high 80's which is just nice plus all the parks arnt half as full, an all round more enjoyable holiday experience.

Having lived out west in the dry summer heat for decades I have a hard time getting used to the summer humidity in places like Florida. There's nowhere to escape from it either except indoors air conditioning.

Out west it can be around 100 F but once in the shade it seems a lot cooler and i only need to change shirts once a day

Having lived out west in the dry summer heat for decades I have a hard time getting used to the summer humidity in places like Florida. There's nowhere to escape from it either except indoors air conditioning.

Out west it can be around 100 F but once in the shade it seems a lot cooler and i only need to change shirts once a day

I think the next time we visit the US we're going to do the west coast and see what it has to offer, if we could afford it we'd move to the US tomorrow, love the place.

Archived