Lads from the Wybourn

coyleys

vidster,

i had cousins living on Maltravers called Becks and we lived on Manor Oaks but we all stemmed from my grans family who lived there years and they were the Turners.

My gran was kate and her sister was Gertie who lived a few houses away from her.

My gran had six children, Derek Billy, Jean (my mum) Kath (became a Beck) Betty and Joe.

We had quite a few relations scattered across the estate in them days up until the modernisations in the 70's when most seemed to have been moved onto the Manor where quite a few live today.

Any closer with beck??

Originally posted by adviser

vidster,

i had cousins living on Maltravers called Becks and we lived on Manor Oaks but we all stemmed from my grans family who lived there years and they were the Turners.

My gran was kate and her sister was Gertie who lived a few houses away from her.

My gran had six children, Derek Billy, Jean (my mum) Kath (became a Beck) Betty and Joe.

We had quite a few relations scattered across the estate in them days up until the modernisations in the 70's when most seemed to have been moved onto the Manor where quite a few live today.

Any closer with beck??

I can remember members of my family mentioning the name Turner a few times. Your not far off with Beck though. Maybe you remember the name wrong?

My mother moved off the Wybourn in the mid 70's, to guess where?..... The Manor :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by playman

went to school with bashforths and wollfs and dawsons, not sure what part of the wybourn though.

.....and in another topic you say you went to St Paul's - we must have crossed paths at some time cos Denise Bashforth was in my class at St Oswalds :o:)

Originally posted by vidster

I can remember members of my family mentioning the name Turner a few times. Your not far off with Beck though. Maybe you remember the name wrong?

My mother moved off the Wybourn in the mid 70's, to guess where?..... The Manor :wink:

We improved ourselves by moving from The Wybourne to the Hyde Park Flats.......... :D

• 2 years later...
My family come from the Wybourn. Their name starts with B. If anyone guesses correctly i'll be chuffed :wink:

Anyone know of the Birch family? There were two boys for sure - Trevor the eldest and Barry. I was in the York and Lancs with Trevor 1966 and played in several bands with him late 60's early 70's in Sheffield and Geordieland.

Hey Bazmanau, I know Steven Cammack, great bloke. I moved to Oz years ago and amazingly met his sister, Vicky, while holidaying in Queensland, now we're good mates. I also lived on the Wybourn many years ago but left when I was about 5/6 years old, lived on Southend Place then my Nan moved to Boundary Road after that. Cheers

Archived