Advice regarding thieving so and so..

He stole because he wanted something he didnt have the money for.

No other reason involved.

What upsets me is he never goes without. Always has nice things and when earned always has pocket money.

Do you think that could be a link? Maybe he thinks things do come for free. Not questioning your parenting skills or anything. It's just something that interests me.

Do you think that could be a link? Maybe he thinks things do come for free. Not questioning your parenting skills or anything. It's just something that interests me.

What i mean is within reason.

He has nice things when he earns them. Treat like pocket money are just that and also have to be earned.

I have strict but fair rules and good behaviour is well rewarded. :)

Sorry, should really have made that clear to start with :)

why does there have to be a link?

it something kids do. I did it myself. it was just a phase we went through. i never even got caught doing so didn't get the telling off this lads going to get. it didn't mean I turned to life of crime.

why does there have to be a link?

it something kids do. I did it myself. it was just a phase we went through. i never even got caught doing so didn't get the telling off this lads going to get. it didn't mean I turned to life of crime.

I explained what the link could be in the same post. I didn't say there had to be a link. If there was one then that could be a good starting point.

I agree. Unless you know a police officer who can have a chat I'd avoid going to the station. You only need to get one who's a bit of a so-and-so in order for things to get a bit difficult.. If the shop owners decide to make an issue then that's also not going to help.

I seems to recall there are some police people on here. You could always ask one.

Seems silly this, a good talking to from a policeman is just what your kid (and a lot of others) needs to nip this in the bud, but it's not the good old days any more.

Good point.

If any of our local officers could advise me or maybe arrange a telling off id be incredibly greatful.

I explained what the link could be in the same post. I didn't say there had to be a link. If there was one then that could be a good starting point.

And from what i posted earlier it did look as though i was saying he gets things no questions asked.

Sorry again for the confusion :)

I feel for you.

We have had problems with our teenager and agree with everything you say.

Just a point though, when my teenager got into trouble - (grafitti - 2cm of it)

the police asked us to go up to the policestation at an agreed time.

I called the station that morning and asked them to put the fear of god in her but to my amazment and disgust the 2 policeofficers were laughing and joking with her whilst we were there. She was not scared one bit.

I feel for you.

We have had problems with our teenager and agree with everything you say.

Just a point though, when my teenager got into trouble - (grafitti - 2cm of it)

the police asked us to go up to the policestation at an agreed time.

I called the station that morning and asked them to put the fear of god in her but to my amazment and disgust the 2 policeofficers were laughing and joking with her whilst we were there. She was not scared one bit.

:o

Well i bet that was less than helpful:(

Ill be sure to ask the police not to make jokes with hm. It weould just send th wrong message entirely.

And thanks :)

Archived