Advice regarding thieving so and so..

Bite me!.

Until id posted on here i had'nt decided.

Now i have and its down the the police station before school this morning.

Well just go down the police station and have done with it instead of arguing with people on here about it :)

Well just go down the police station and have done with it instead of arguing with people on here about it :)

Wow, what a special skill you have for repeating info someone has already given you.

You should fight crime.

Hey, maybe you could start by having a word with my lad:rolleyes:

I agree with you on this ruby, however I would find out from him how much he has already stolen from the shop - whatever is it the father goes to the shop gives them the money and says he was given too much change -

What an absolutely bizarre idea.

Wow, what a special skill you have for repeating info someone has already given you.

You should fight crime.

Hey, maybe you could start by having a word with my lad:rolleyes:

I think you need to sharpen your parenting skills before having a go at me ;)

Go on then, what happened when you went down there?

Ask me properly.

Without the tone and i may, MAY answer you.

For anyoe else who wants to know i have to go to a bigger station. My local didnt have enough staff to help.

Soooooooo its off the the main one near crystal peaks tomorrow.

I think it's very doubtful that they would want to give a 12 yr old child a criminal record. If a parent brought one of their kids in to me to apologise for stealing water bombs and marbles from me, I'd be happy to collude in scaring them silly, but I'd never dream of pressing charges :)

Many kids go through a stage of taking what's not theirs, but very few go on to a life of crime, imo.

We had a similar experience with one of our sons, we were told that cautions given to a juvenile only last whilst they're juveniles and not into adulthood.

Our son was 12, the police brought him home and told us what he'd done, we then had to take him to the police station and listen to the roasting that the sergeant gave him,

It worked.

We had a similar experience with one of our sons, we were told that cautions given to a juvenile only last whilst they're juveniles and not into adulthood.

Our son was 12, the police brought him home and told us what he'd done, we then had to take him to the police station and listen to the roasting that the sergeant gave him,

It worked.

Flattered as I am that people are quoting me and seeking to argue about my comments, I still wouldn't want to press charges against a 12 yr old, or be encouraging the parents taking them to the police station for a telling off. Being arrested and brought home and then taken to the station at the instruction of the police is another thing entirely. Irrespective of my own view of this, I wouldn't waste their time on something I should be able to deal with myself as a parent.

The person you should be addressing is the op, he's the one with the lightfingered child, not me :confused:

Ask me properly.

Without the tone and i may, MAY answer you.

For anyoe else who wants to know i have to go to a bigger station. My local didnt have enough staff to help.

Soooooooo its off the the main one near crystal peaks tomorrow.

I don't really care, I just saw you'd been online almost constantly since 9 am to now. Was just wondering how you'd found the time, is all. :)

Archived