Tory Governments "back to work programme" is destined to fail

You've got to give it to him though......LadOnDole that is.......despite him being the biggest wind up merchant going, he does have a point.

Who is going to employ somebody who is being forced into work simply to meet currrent legislation, especially when they know full well that they can easily get themselves sacked and then go back on the dole?

Where are all these jobs going to come from in order to meet the demand for work? Especially when the numbers of unemployed are going to increase significantly if the government get their way and loads of people are going to be forced off sickness benefits and onto jobseekers allowance?

The only way to force people to take a job is by providing a job to begin with and if they don't take it then their benefits stop.

I actually know of one little cretin who this happened to. He was happily minding his own business and enjoying his benefits........whilst also fiddling the system.....when all of a sudden somebody reported him. He was made to take a job but it was only for about 16 hours per week. His benefits decreased a little bit but he was still getting his rent paid etc. The "job" lasted 6 months and then he was back on full time benefits! As a single lad he's getting a 2 bedroomed flat paid for him by the state (aka the taxpayer!) along with other money..........and he's allready fiddling again!! He has a child that he doesn't support and he openly admits that if he worked legitimately he couldn't afford to live so therefore needs his benefits as well. Not only is he claiming illegally but he doesn't pay tax or NIS on the cash in hand fiddle job that he has.

To make matters even worse the mother of his child doesn't work either because she has his child to look after so that's like a double whammy!!

You've got to give it to him though......LadOnDole that is.......despite him being the biggest wind up merchant going, he does have a point.

Who is going to employ somebody who is being forced into work simply to meet currrent legislation, especially when they know full well that they can easily get themselves sacked and then go back on the dole?

Where are all these jobs going to come from in order to meet the demand for work? Especially when the numbers of unemployed are going to increase significantly if the government get their way and loads of people are going to be forced off sickness benefits and onto jobseekers allowance?

The only way to force people to take a job is by providing a job to begin with and if they don't take it then their benefits stop.

I actually know of one little cretin who this happened to. He was happily minding his own business and enjoying his benefits........whilst also fiddling the system.....when all of a sudden somebody reported him. He was made to take a job but it was only for about 16 hours per week. His benefits decreased a little bit but he was still getting his rent paid etc. The "job" lasted 6 months and then he was back on full time benefits! As a single lad he's getting a 2 bedroomed flat paid for him by the state (aka the taxpayer!) along with other money..........and he's allready fiddling again!! He has a child that he doesn't support and he openly admits that if he worked legitimately he couldn't afford to live so therefore needs his benefits as well. Not only is he claiming illegally but he doesn't pay tax or NIS on the cash in hand fiddle job that he has.

To make matters even worse the mother of his child doesn't work either because she has his child to look after so that's like a double whammy!!

The government should employ them and pay them the same as they get on benefits, to qualify for benefits they should do a forty hour week, with some of their time spent looking for work and the rest picking up litter or doing other menial jobs that need doing. If they are made to work for their benefits they will have a much greater incentive to find a job that pays more.

No one should be allowed to sit on their arse and receive free hand outs.

Before anyone says there is no work for them, I see lots that they can do when I am out walking, Litter, weeds chewing gum on pavements. This country should be spotless with this labour we have just sat doing nothing.

Can I assume you've dobbed him in if it bothers you this much?

The government should employ them and pay them the same as they get on benefits, to qualify for benefits they should do a forty hour week, with some of their time spent looking for work and the rest picking up litter or doing other menial jobs that need doing. If they are made to work for their benefits they will have a much greater incentive to find a job that pays more.

No one should be allowed to sit on their arse and receive free hand outs.

Before anyone says there is no work for them, I see lots that they can do when I am out walking, Litter, weeds chewing gum on pavements. This country should be spotless with this labour we have just sat doing nothing.

Some things to note;

There are several million people on benefits and that is set to increase so where will these jobs that pay more come from?

If several million people do menial jobs such as picking up litter and cleaning up chewing gum from pavements how long will it be before there will be nothing for them to do?

How much will it cost to kit those people out with the necessary H&S equipment, clothing and supervision to do these menial tasks?

Having people unemployed with few jobs available is good for the government. It helps stop those in work from easily changing jobs, going on strike and complaining about wage cuts. Even more so now that social housing has been eroded forcing most workers to have mortgages which means they are more likely to lose their homes if unemployed.

Its impossible to have 100% full employment in a society, even more so where manual work has been replace by machines for profit.

The welfare to work program has been copied from the USA where it is now failing badly so its not a good idea to implement it now.

They may not all find a higher paying job, but over time a large proportion could.

How long will it be before the country is spotless? Is that really a big problem? It's not something to complain about to be sure.

H&S equipment to pick up litter? Some of them can be given a slightly higher rate to be the supervisors, it'll be like they'd gone and got themselves a real job.

Having some unemployed people is a natural situation, it keeps the job market fluid. Without readily available people it would be impossible to hire someone or start a new company. But the government gets no benefit from a large % out of work.

The government doesn't care if people change jobs, nor is it really bothered about disputes with employers over pay.

H&S equipment to pick up litter?

Yep. High visibility vests, overalls, protective boots and gloves, the grabbers on a pole for picking litter up and depending on where its done, hard hats. All part of the current H&S rules.

I know that because I have done the job, and if you look at the people in town that do it you will see all that in place.

The Government (DWP) do benefit as they get funds from the EU which are given out depending on the % of people unemployed.

People can only find jobs if the jobs are readily available and that clearly is not the case. The jobs that are available are not the type of jobs that most of the present unemployed and especially the long term unemployed could do. Now add to that the new influx of those that are now deemed able to work who previously were on invalidity payments and may also be disabled in some way and the problem becomes worse.

Just to play "devils advocate" if you get the people claiming jobseekers allowance to go out and pick up litter and clear chewing gum, what happens to the people who do that job now for a living ................. They finish up on jobseekers allowance.:roll:

The Torys new back to work programme come into force in about 8 weeks time, how exactly is this going to work?

1) Not every wants to work, or can arrange work around their current lifestyle

2) Where will the jobs come from?

I'm guessing the long term unemployed will be targetted, however, who (which employer) will be prepared to employ someone who has been out of work for many years? surely they will be viewed as a risk.

I personally have been out of work since New Labour came to power in 1997, however many of the people I mix with/my drinking partners have been out of work since the 1980s, and indeed one has been unemployed since 1976. So who will employ someone like that?

SOme of my friends have been forced of incapacity, including one who suffers panic attacks if he knows he has to get out of bed at a certain time - if he knows he has to wake up at 7am to go to work, this could cause him to go into depression. New Labour accepted this as an illness, the torys won't - who will emloy someone who will suffer panic attacks?

Is this new programme not destined to fail? some people will find work ailen and simply will not be able to cope

Best wind up this week, :hihi::hihi::hihi: keep em coming, the usual numpty's will bite !!!

The Torys new back to work programme come into force in about 8 weeks time, how exactly is this going to work?

1) Not every wants to work, or can arrange work around their current lifestyle

2) Where will the jobs come from?

I'm guessing the long term unemployed will be targetted, however, who (which employer) will be prepared to employ someone who has been out of work for many years? surely they will be viewed as a risk.

I personally have been out of work since New Labour came to power in 1997, however many of the people I mix with/my drinking partners have been out of work since the 1980s, and indeed one has been unemployed since 1976. So who will employ someone like that?

SOme of my friends have been forced of incapacity, including one who suffers panic attacks if he knows he has to get out of bed at a certain time - if he knows he has to wake up at 7am to go to work, this could cause him to go into depression. New Labour accepted this as an illness, the torys won't - who will emloy someone who will suffer panic attacks?

Is this new programme not destined to fail? some people will find work ailen and simply will not be able to cope

Most decent people arrange their lifestyles around work not the other way round.

Just to play "devils advocate" if you get the people claiming jobseekers allowance to go out and pick up litter and clear chewing gum, what happens to the people who do that job now for a living ................. They finish up on jobseekers allowance.:roll:

To play devils advocate (?) a little more, do you think that there are enough litter pickers of chewing gum cleaners at the moment?

Archived