Did You Have Your Leg Pulled On Your First Job

When I started work after leaving school on the first day I was targeted for the traditional leg pull.One of the gaffers said[Go to Albert in the fitters shop and ask him for the long stand],so off I tootled and did as told.Albert said[stand there son I,ll sort you out in a minute].After 30 mins he said[i cant find it go to Bill in the garage and ask him for it],this I did,same routine,sent to someone else after a long wait.Three hours later I was sent back to were I,d started with the message it was missing.The penny dropped when everyone started laughing their heads off !.Did you have anything similar pulled on you as a new employee green as grass?.
Old Tup when I was an apprentice mechanic they tried all that stuff on me ,go and ask for a tin of air,long stand and all that, but I wasn't having non of it when they said they were going to grease my nuts!:gag:

While working for the nhs was sent to the morgue to get a set of false teeth from a body i asked the person there where they was they said in that drawer i pulled it open and a person sat up and said what ya want ive never run as fast in my entire life

WHEN I GOT BACK TO THE WARD ALL THE STAFF WAS LAUGHING AFTER A WHILE I DID SEE THE FUNNY SIDE OF IT BUT NEARLY POOPED MY PANTS AT THE TIME

On site when I was about seventeen I was sent to ask uncle Albert for a left handed clip. It stung a bit but I got my own back at lunch time, he gave me £5 (about a days wage) to bring him a sandwich and said get yourself something so i bought a shirt.:D

After a morning on my first job in the building trade, Ray, my gaffer, said he was going to give me a raise. I was suprised and pleased. Then he said ' Gerrowd 'a that chimney pot and tek it up ont' roof.'

i have worked in the supermarket trade for years we used to torment new starters on there first day by telling them they had to shake the bottles of pop n the shelves to that they looked more appealing for the customer to buy lol

a few did fall for it bless em x

Archived