Should I be nervous about my holiday in Dubai after today's news

I go in about 6 weeks with my toddler son staying in one of the big hotels, after the killing of Osama bin laden, I'm now worried that revenge attacks may become targeted at tourists, and let's face it UK and USA tourists would be top of their list. Am I just fretting??

My brother is working there at the moment and hasn't any plans to leave as yet :)

I wouldn't be worried.

You should go and enjoy yourself. I don't think you really have anything to worry about.

If you are going to be killed in a terrorist attack, why not while you are happy on holiday - not quivering in your local shopping centre?

whats that got to do with anything??

terrorists dont have borders

Are they actively hunting the OP though?

I'm going away to Europe soon, maybe I should cancel that?

Maybe they'll invade my village?

As far as I was aware, Dubai doesn't have any extremist ties / involvement with terrorists at present!

I would get yourself off and enjoy it! We been there last 3 years and love it, I think there is more of a chance of something happening here than there. Enjoy your holiday and have a ball!

I suspect that the people advising you to cancel are the type to believe the 'don't go to Meadowhall on Saturday' stories that were circulating after 9/11. I'm also off to Dubai soon and I fully intend to go.

I go in about 6 weeks with my toddler son staying in one of the big hotels, after the killing of Osama bin laden, I'm now worried that revenge attacks may become targeted at tourists, and let's face it UK and USA tourists would be top of their list. Am I just fretting??

Aren't they suppose to be the 'Peacefull" type Muslims in Dubai ? :hihi: my adivice don't go, even at the best of times :suspect:

Archived