More problems with peugeot 307 1.4 Hdi

Ok this has been happening for a couple of months now and its getting worse

My husbands peugeot is having starting problems it takes 3 or 4 attemps to start engine, both first thing in morning or early evening and even in between its very intermittent some days it starts fine and on other days it takes ages cranking it has flattened the battery a few times aswell any ideas and prices for fixing would be greatly appreciated thankyou

Start with the basics, Change the fuel filter first, Check if there is any water in the fuel. They suffer from poor fuel pipes along the rocker cover. Try pumping the diesel primer bulb prior to starting. You may need a diesel leak off test as it could be a leaking injector

Ask the question over on this Peugeot Forum:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/

and find someone local with a PeugeotPlanet diagnostic tool. A member will hook it up and diagnose your faults for the price of a pint.

My guess would be to check and replace all the usual servicing parts. The 1.4 is notorious for having a hard-to-reach air filter and it gets ignored.

Then I'd go onto the FAP and DPF filters.

• 2 months later...

well the car is still adament she wont start without spray down the air filter if anyone knows a good reasonably priced garage that could help please leave the details Im sick of the messing about we've had trying to get parts etc ourselves

Archived