Bought a faulty car - what rights do I have?

hi can any one help me please we bought a car in feb this year a vw passatt and paid £7000 for it after 6 weeks the injecter and loom broke they fixed the car but 6 weeks later on fri the same thing happened again now the car pitch are saying our 3 month warrenty has expired by three days can we get a refund

think they have 3 times to repair the original problem, IF, as you say the fault is the same as previously then I reckon you need to explain that the original repair was insufficient and if they argue, then speak to citizens advice, or go there first and then you've got the knowledge.

Lots of threads about this recently (last 3-6 months).

The 3 months warranty isn't worth anything.

There was no warranty, however you are covered by the Sales of Goods Act.

Its obvious the original repair was not to a satisfactory standard otherwise it would not have failed so soon. Ring him to tell him of the situation and keep everything polite. Give him a chance to fix the problem, it may be just a fault on the new part, not his fault.

Don't be fobbed off with the 3 months warranty rubbish. You are asking him to repair yhe car because the original repair (which I suspect was bodged to last until the "warranty" expires) was not satisfactory.

Have a look through this

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_world/consumer_affairs/buying_second_hand_vehicles.htm

• 2 months later...
The dealer is legally responsible for any faults that occur within 6, months of purchase. Contact Trading Standards

Can the same be said when the dealer told a friend that it was sold as seen. She took it for a test drive and it sounded fine. The dealer told her the engine was okay. It was only the day after when the engine started rattling and it was losing water.

Archived