Bents green school memories

Does anyone remember Neil Robertson of bents green school Sheffield . He was there in the late 60,s to the mid 70,s.

I definitely remember the name but bringing faces to mind is difficult now! We could do with some old photos of the people that are regularly mentioned, that would be interesting!

Did you know that the newly-built Bents Green School has an open day Tuesday 16th. June 11:00-3:00.

I did'nt but doubt if I can make it at short notice, really need to sort another reunion before the summers out.

I was one of the green keepers and gardeners there and Maude Maxfield school with my mate Tom Broughton late 70s time, the weather was absolutely boiling summer 1976 time, there was a big storm one day and big bolt of lightning struck the cricket pitch there was this big bald patch that nothing would grow there for years we used to go to silverdale school and cut the grass as well if I remember right the Headmaster there was called Bill Baily.

I was one of the green keepers and gardeners there and Maude Maxfield school with my mate Tom Broughton late 70s time, the weather was absolutely boiling summer 1976 time, there was a big storm one day and big bolt of lightning struck the cricket pitch there was this big bald patch that nothing would grow there for years we used to go to silverdale school and cut the grass as well if I remember right the Headmaster there was called Bill Baily.

Bill Bailey was head at Bents Green School.

Do you remember bill bailey going on calander tv programme in the mid 70,s i carnt remember what it was all about.

Yes I do remember it was something about the caretaker there just forget his name growing a pineapple in his greenhouse not 100% sure I seem to remember something about it, we used to sing wont you come home Bill Bailey.:)

Yes I do remember it was something about the caretaker there just forget his name growing a pineapple in his greenhouse not 100% sure I seem to remember something about it, we used to sing wont you come home Bill Bailey.:)

Not sure if it was the caretaker or the gardener, the caretaker was Mr Lambert and the gardener if I remember right was Mr Pope.

Can you remember the greenkeeper there his name was Tom Broughton he used to take loads of snuff all the time,I don't know if it was the gardener or the caretaker who grew the pineapple but he used to live in the house in the front of Maude Maxfields yard he was a big old bloke with white hair smoked a pipe, I think they called him George he grew this pineapple in the greenhouse at the back of his house,if I remember right the two schools used the same playing fields the pupils at Maude Maxfields were all deaf people and I come from a deaf family and I can sign and I was able to communicate with them, the teachers used to come to me all the time asking me to talk to the pupils about things.