The mess Labour left us..

Not so long ago whenever a Tory MP was interviewed I would have a bet with myself as to how long it would be before he trotted out the Tory mantra: ‘We have to make difficult decisions because of the mess left us by Labour.’ We don’t hear this so often anymore because they have realised that no one believes it.

However, it is worth having a quick look at what happened:

In the 80s the Tories de regulated the banks.

This meant banks could gamble with our money.

They made such a mess of it with their greed and stupidity that they caused an economic crash.

The Labour government had no choice but to pump billions of pounds into the banks to save them.

The USA did the same thing and so did many other countries. They did this because there was simply no other choice. If these banks had been allowed to fail then their customers would have lost all their savings. Furthermore, if Mr Cameron had been Prime Minister at this time he would also have had to take this very same action.

If your house is falling down and someone lends you the money to save it then you take the money and worry about paying it back later

What other choice is there?

Oh dear. Another "labour good, tories bad" sheep content just to repeat Labour party press releases over and over again.

Why not try thinking for yourself for a change instead of just doing as your party tells you?

Whats your evidence that I support the Labour party?

Not so long ago whenever a Tory MP was interviewed I would have a bet with myself as to how long it would be before he trotted out the Tory mantra: ‘We have to make difficult decisions because of the mess left us by Labour.’ We don’t hear this so often anymore because they have realised that no one believes it.

Perhaps they're just getting on with sorting out the mess. They should carry on saying it, never let anybody forget. I'm sure we'll hear it again by the next GE though.

Archived