The mess Labour left us..

Not so long ago whenever a Tory MP was interviewed I would have a bet with myself as to how long it would be before he trotted out the Tory mantra: ‘We have to make difficult decisions because of the mess left us by Labour.’ We don’t hear this so often anymore because they have realised that no one believes it.

labour did exactly the same and i assume so did the tories before them. this is nothing new and is certainly not something the tories have overstated, labour used the mantra 'we inherited that from the previous government' well into their second term.

Let the banks go bust.

Iceland did it and while it was tough for a while, their economy is now growing.

The alternative is debt serfdom to the banks.

only because they have stuffed everyone else. wait until the eu has had its way with them as countries are lining up to sue them over lost deposits.

also their economy is at "junk" status, so there is pretty much only one way they can now go. that however doesn't mean we should follow suit as our's and their economy's are completely different.

I have lots of threads about the Tories because I honestly believe they are a danger to us.

They want to destroy everything that has been built up in this country since the end of the second world war.Why? Because as multi-millionnaires they don't use these services.

Cameron used the NHS exclusively for the care and treatment of his now deceased son, Ivan.

How do you "honestly" believe something that you have to justify with a lie?

Let the banks go bust.

Iceland did it and while it was tough for a while, their economy is now growing.

The alternative is debt serfdom to the banks.

But people would have lost all their savings if the banks had gone bust. Like I said before the banks weren't proped up to save the banks but to save people's savings.

And if the Tories had been in government they would have also had to prop up the banks...as did the USA and many other countries

Some on here don't want to believe it.

Not quite the same thing.

True enough.

Strange how there is so little support for the Tories in Sheffield, while at the same time this forum is full of extreme right wing fanatics.

Where do these nutters come from?

Cameron used the NHS exclusively for the care and treatment of his now deceased son, Ivan.

How do you "honestly" believe something that you have to justify with a lie?

Typical of Cameron to take something for free when he can afford to pay for it.

Like taking his one hundred and forty thousand pounds a year salary paid for by the tax payer when he is already a multi millionnaire.

Like taking his one hundred and forty thousand pounds a year salary paid for by the tax payer when he is already a multi millionnaire.

He'd already paid for it - it's taht thing called taxes and I'd lay odds he paid a damn sight more for it than most people on here have.

Y'know Keith Rich, I now have you down as a troll. Nobody could come out with the comedy lines that you do and mean any of it.

But you do give a good show!

Not so long ago whenever a Tory MP was interviewed I would have a bet with myself as to how long it would be before he trotted out the Tory mantra: ‘We have to make difficult decisions because of the mess left us by Labour.’ We don’t hear this so often anymore because they have realised that no one believes it.

However, it is worth having a quick look at what happened:

In the 80s the Tories de regulated the banks.

This meant banks could gamble with our money.

They made such a mess of it with their greed and stupidity that they caused an economic crash.

The Labour government had no choice but to pump billions of pounds into the banks to save them.

The USA did the same thing and so did many other countries. They did this because there was simply no other choice. If these banks had been allowed to fail then their customers would have lost all their savings. Furthermore, if Mr Cameron had been Prime Minister at this time he would also have had to take this very same action.

If your house is falling down and someone lends you the money to save it then you take the money and worry about paying it back later

What other choice is there?

they could not have ruined the country more if they had tried, Blair/Brown need sending down - both were a total disgrace !

Archived