Ian Tomlinson Verdict: Unlawful Killing

I said this was the only right and fair outcome on the thread about the inquest.

Seems the jury agreed:D.

Things could now get "interesting" for the thug Harwood (and the MET as they re-employed him after his last "escapade").

Ian Tomlinson was unlawfully killed by a Metropolitan Police officer at the G20 protests, an inquest jury has said. - BBC.

"Criminal proceedings could reopen against Pc Harwood after jurors ruled he acted illegally, recklessly and dangerously."

I should hope so.

"The case is set to be reviewed by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and Met Police after the evidence of Pc Harwood and pathologist Dr Freddy Patel was discredited by the verdict."

It's also interesting to note that they (the jury) only needed four and a half hours deliberation.

I've just seen film of Harwood's various antics at a time when he should have been sat in his van. Pushing over the cameraman, dragging a protestor around and generally not doing what he had been instructed to.

Still, I expect he was bored sat in the van when he was looking forward to a ruck so he decided to leave his post and get stuck in.

I've just seen film of Harwood's various antics at a time when he should have been sat in his van. Pushing over the cameraman, dragging a protestor around and generally not doing what he had been instructed to.

Still, I expect he was bored sat in the van when he was looking forward to a ruck so he decided to leave his post and get stuck in.

You got a link?

Good.

There was thread about this on Sheffield Forum with some spiteful comments about Ian Tomlinson and his family - as if somehow that lessened Harwood's culpability.

Video evidence is here

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/uk/tomlinson+death+missing+moment/3076487.html

EDIT: Original thread is here

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=752796&highlight=tomlinson&page=10

There was thread about this on Sheffield Forum with some spiteful comments about Ian Tomlinson and his family - as if somehow that lessened Harwood's culpability.

Was that the one where Upinwath was calling everyone left wing tree hugging anti-police scum, for coming to the conclusion that this inquest has?

I remember that thread too.

Does this mean that Harwood now goes to court for unlawful killing?

Was that the one where Upinwath was calling everyone left wing tree hugging anti-police scum, for coming to the conclusion that this inquest has?

I remember that thread too.

Does this mean that Harwood now goes to court for unlawful killing?

Yes that's the one.

Archived