Ian Tomlinson Verdict: Unlawful Killing

If he disobeyed an order to stay in a van, that's an internal disciplinary issue, but is nothing to do with what happened to Mr Tomlinson.

So if he had obeyed his orders, Harwood would still have killed Mr Tomlinson?

It wouldn't have, but that doesn't mean the two are related or connected. They are two seperate incidents.

Cause and effect. If he had followed his orders then the "separate incident" could not have occurred. The two are inextricably linked. Without one, the other would not/could not happen.

Your lapse into hypocrisy? e.g. why insults are now OK from you after lecturing me so many times on getting personal? Your failure to wag your wise old fingers at people who agree with you when they are insulting?

You seem to be putting up a concentrated defence against you being insulted and yet ironically defending the actions of a police officer who went beyond 'insults'. I think you mentioned "balance/hypocrisy" in this thread somewhere?

sink to their level to expose their absurd arguments.

It's not. Trust in the adage "Never argue with an idiot as you'll have to resort to their level and they'll beat you with years of experience";).

BTW. Cretins is a little strong, foolish, misguided maybe, but not necessarily cretinous.

Cause and effect. If he had followed his orders then the "separate incident" could not have occurred. The two are inextricably linked. Without one, the other would not/could not happen.

No that's absurd. The incident that happened after was not a natural consequence of the former.

For example, I see a serious accident and I need to dial 999 on my mobile, but I'm on a mobile network with poor coverage in the area. The person dies because I could not ring 999 because of no network signal.

The month before, I switched my mobile contract to this network, because the lady on the end of the phone wouldn't give me a better deal on my old network.

Using your logic, blame for an ambulance not getting to the accident and the person not surviving could be attributed to me for changing my mobile phone contract and to the lady not willing to give me more inclusive minutes for my customer loyalty, whcih may have meant I'd stayed with them and had a signal on their network.

Get into whether if's and but's could have changed anything that happened after, you might as well be watching Back To The Future or Terminator movies.

You seem to be putting up a concentrated defence against you being insulted and yet ironically defending the actions of a police officer who went beyond 'insults'. I think you mentioned "balance/hypocrisy" in this thread somewhere?

you would need to understand the history between me and Scuux to understand. Also, I don't see the coppers actions as personal or bloodlust.

Archived