Ian Tomlinson Verdict: Unlawful Killing

What annoys me the most is how long it's took, at the end of the day a fella was killed, never mind what he was doing to me he didn't look like he presented much danger with his hands in his pockets and his back to the police, not to mention his obvious unsteadiness which was clear for all to see (makes you wonder if the copper noticed more than most the way he did him in)

I feel so sorry for his family more than owt, they are the ones who have had to live through this total disgrace.

Too right Corkers, which is why I get annoyed with the likes of meyouus calling him a 'waste of skin'?

What kind of filth says something like that about a much loved dad and family man?

See below - meyous's reponse, is, as you might expect, absurd.

the 'we need harwoods in riots' bit is strange.

so, when a situation goes out of hand we need the government to send in people that would make it worse?

another thing- never actually hear of a 'riot' being announced so the police can take the day off etc. unless we say any time someone organizes a march, a street party, a carnival etc where a few bad apples might spoil things the police take a sick day.

You mean in the same way that GP's didnt?

I mean - did you see GP's stop practicing after Shipman was caught?

People are throwing Harwood to the wolves here - not the police force as a whole.

Well said Pc Harwood and other Police officers like him are the problem not the decent officers who actually do a good job.

so, when a situation goes out of hand we need the government to send in people that would make it worse?

another thing- never actually hear of a 'riot' being announced so the police can take the day off etc. unless we say any time someone organizes a march, a street party, a carnival etc where a few bad apples might spoil things the police take a sick day.

Exactly if they sent in people like Harwood into a riot it would be like waving a red rag to a bull people would end up getting killed because it would kick off even more IMO, because they would target anyone even if they aren't doing anything wrong as we have seen with Ian Tomlinson.

yep that would work just aswell.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2004/nov2004/stan-n08.shtml

That's a meaningless phrase.

Harwood used excessive force and a man died. He should be held to account. YOu seem to be labouring under the notion that the people criticising Harwood and calling for him to face justice don't support the police.

You're utterly wrong and in fact the reverse is true - you, in seeking to suggest that Mr Tomlinson was a 'waste of skin' who deserved to die, do the police no favours at all.

For once :D i totally agree with you 100% ;)

Too right Corkers, which is why I get annoyed with the likes of meyouus calling him a 'waste of skin'?

What kind of filth says something like that about a much loved dad and family man?

Brush comments like that under the old door mat halibut, that's just a stupid view basiclly and isnt even worth the time debating.

That's a meaningless phrase.

Harwood used excessive force and a man died. He should be held to account. YOu seem to be labouring under the notion that the people criticising Harwood and calling for him to face justice don't support the police.

You're utterly wrong and in fact the reverse is true - you, in seeking to suggest that Mr Tomlinson was a 'waste of skin' who deserved to die, do the police no favours at all.

What's the saying about not being able to teach pork?

Exactly if they sent in people like Harwood into a riot it would be like waving a red rag to a bull people would end up getting killed because it would kick off even more IMO, because they would target anyone even if they aren't doing anything wrong as we have seen with Ian Tomlinson.

really? what utter rubbish. still as its open season on this cop, im sure your kind will make the most of it.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2004/nov2004/stan-n08.shtml

Archived