Ian Tomlinson Verdict: Unlawful Killing

Guest sibon

Please stop the bickering and personal attacks. Discuss the topic of the thread in a civillised fashion, or it will be closed.

Well said Pc Harwood and other Police officers like him are the problem not the decent officers who actually do a good job.

I'd go a bit further.

The problem is the culture of the Met (and it's always the Met and a couple of other forces - not all of them) where those in charge lead by example and it let's the bad apples like Harwood get away with it.

If there was effective oversight I cannot comprehend how someone with his track record could have stayed where he was for so long. Ergo I don't think the problem is just one or two bad lower rankers - there is rot further up. Not much to be certain, but enough.

I'd go a bit further.

The problem is the culture of the Met (and it's always the Met and a couple of other forces - not all of them) where those in charge lead by example and it let's the bad apples like Harwood get away with it.

If there was effective oversight I cannot comprehend how someone with his track record could have stayed where he was for so long. Ergo I don't think the problem is just one or two bad lower rankers - there is rot further up. Not much to be certain, but enough.

If that is the case lets hope Harwood's case is a wake up call to those who may have let his behaviour go unchecked.

I got a sweet kick in not long back from the SYP when i got out of taxi and they thought i was something to do with a bit of agrro what was going off on a block across from us.

Did i bother trying fighting back or reporting them, as if it's like asking another doctors opinion on medical negligence, it doesn't happen.

If that is the case lets hope Harwood's case is a wake up call to those who may have let his behaviour go unchecked.

Sadly i don't think this is just a one off incident.

I got a sweet kick in not long back from the SYP when i got out of taxi and they thought i was something to do with a bit of agrro what was going off on a block across from us.

Did i bother trying fighting back or reporting them, as if it's like asking another doctors opinion on medical negligence, it doesn't happen.

Me and my friend were attacked by 2 police officers at a local sports centre near to me they followed into the Toilets one who was was 6ft4 ish and about 25+stone picked me up off the floor and smashed my head into the mirror causin it to shatter he then ragged me all over the toilets :mad: my mate got pinned into another cubicle and received a kicking from the other officer they were an absolute disgrace :mad:

I went down to the Police station with my dad and that is when they told me and my dad that if i pressed charges they would make my life hell! :(

Archived