Ian Tomlinson Verdict: Unlawful Killing

I know it isn't, sadly - there were other officers in court today charged with beating up a terror suspect.

If he is just a suspect and there is no evidence then that is Just one in a long list of cases where officers have abused there power.

we'd need to redefine what we mean by 'police' then.

you think the firearms guys should get immunity from prosecution after a bad shoot?

i think if you place police officers in impossible situations you have to expect the worst. If you throw the individual PC to the mob the others should expect the same treatment, unless (as the firearms officers did) they stick together and say, shaft us we wont police riots, we will let the mob run wild.

firearms officer took action

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2004/nov2004/stan-n08.shtml

i think if you place police officers in impossible situations you have to expect the worst. If you throw the individual PC to the mob the others should expect the same treatment, unless (as the firearms officers did) they stick together and say, shaft us we wont police riots, we will let the mob run wild.

firearms officer took action

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2004/nov2004/stan-n08.shtml

you don't need to keep pasting the link. you've put it in your sig. reminds me of someone, that.

there are inquests etc. it's not child's play finding a law officer guilty...esp in the line of duty. for reasons you mention. but when found guilty there should be consequences.

where i come from police make more money off bribes, protection rackets and crime than they get from their pay.

holding 'the law' above 'the law' results in that sort of thing. if a guy's not going to get into trouble for shooting someone why not just shoot'em then? why not do more?

you keep speaking of an individual thrown to the mob. how was he thrown to the mob exactly?

Lot's of people quick to find the officer guilty when it hasn't even gone to trial yet.

Makes a change from the initial police response which claimed Tomlinson had no contact with police and Freddy Patel's tame and discredited postmortem.

Why the cover up? Why the refusal to even admit contact until incontrovertible video evidence was produced?

Why was he even there waving his baton about when he should have been sat in his van?

you don't need to keep pasting the link. you've put it in your sig. reminds me of someone, that.

there are inquests etc. it's not child's play finding a law officer guilty...esp in the line of duty. for reasons you mention. but when found guilty there should be consequences.

where i come from police make more money off bribes, protection rackets and crime than they get from their pay.

holding 'the law' above 'the law' results in that sort of thing. if a guy's not going to get into trouble for shooting someone why not just shoot'em then? why not do more?

you keep speaking of an individual thrown to the mob. how was he thrown to the mob exactly?

this country dispite so manys best efforts is not yet some hell hole in africa.

im sick of seeing good peoples lifes destroyed by wastes of skin and back stabbing political morons. i hope the police do refuse to police riots.

im sick of seeing good peoples lifes destroyed by wastes of skin and back stabbing political morons. i hope the police do refuse to police riots.

Should they also refuse to answer 999 calls on the basis that if they drive without due care and attention at speed and cause an accident, that accident may be investigated and like anyone else they may be asked to account for their actions?

What does being alcoholic have to do with anything? Nothing. Does that lower the culpability of PC Harwood? No.

You're just making yourself look beligerant and bigoted by virtue of sticking to the Littlejohn line of blaming the victim. Any way get back to dribbling on the Daily Express

I've never liked the Express; I see it as a poor man's daily mail.

I'll stick to The Times thank you.

His state (over several years) does question Harwood's culpability.

It left him weak and prone to death. He could just have easily have tripped over the next curb and died. We have no idea what happened to a drunken man up to the point of a minor push by a policeman. He was seen on several occasions and captured by cameras but most of that day was not.

Plenty of time for him to sustain an injury before he deliberately got in the way of several coppers because he was too drunk to know he was an idiot..

I repeat, his death is a release from a crap life brought on by his own stupidity.

Archived