Should pictures of Bin Laden's corpse be released?

My Opinion for what it’s worth

Show the world the proof; show the public what Obama and all his staff were supposed to be watching. They were all watching it so why not show the public what they saw. Show us the so called headshot to Bin Laden as it happened. NO? I didn't think so for me this is another moon landing ...It just didn't happen the way the yanks said it did. If they had got Osama they would be parading him all over every newspaper and TV station as they did with Saddam.

Do I believe Bin Laden dead? Yes

Do I believe the recent events? Categorically, NO

A five year old could have come up with a more convincing story.

Show the footage? There are 1000's of reasons not to and no decent reasons to show it. First reason is that it's the CIA, if they show footage of how they operated and how they got in and shot him, how they moved etc then that could be seriously compromising, things like that simply aren't shown. Even in Iraq and Afghanistan loads of video isn't shown for the same reason.

2nd reason of 1000's is it will make things worse, even releasing pictures is likely to make things worse so showing a video that will be spread around the world and let people celebrate it will just make terrorism a much greater threat.

There are loads more, right down to how gruesome it would be. They don't need to show it, they aren't releasing anything for any reason other than to prove he is dead. As much as I'd love to see the b******d be shot over and over it's obvious it won't happen and they have said it won't, but they have said they WILL release a picture. Again, they don't NEED to, they've done what they need to do which is complete a mission to kill or capture him, as far as they're concerned it's job done.

The CIA are debating if releasing the image of his dead body would just inflame more hatred.

I'm a great believer in proportionality. When the number of UK service personnel killed in Afghanistan reached 100, some of the papers showed a double spread of 100 small boxes, each one showing the smiling face of the person killed. The media could do a similar thing now. 1000 boxes, each with a face of somebody he killed. Then one more box, with his face in it. It could even be placed at random, like a terrorist where's Wally. Proportionality.

Great idea I second that.

i'd like to know what pakistan think about a foreign army in their country killing a terrorist living on their doorstep, could it be the americans thought pakistan were not to be trusted with the job or not good enough to do it? either way its very very embarrassing, or maybe this is another thread ?

There's no way the USA would tell the world OBL was dead if they weren't 100% sure.

It's crazy to think otherwise.

'Agent Bin'laden' probably is dead ,(despatched soon after playing his role as scary terrorist)

It's the story that is bull.

i'd like to know what pakistan think about a foreign army in their country killing a terrorist living on their doorstep, could it be the americans thought pakistan were not to be trusted with the job or not good enough to do it? either way its very very embarrassing, or maybe this is another thread ?

Titled- 'Are we at war with Pakistan ?'

Watch this space.

Are you seriously suggesting the footage of the attack should be broadcast? That OBL being blasted in the head should be shown to the world?

It didn't happen the way they said it did? How complicated do you think it was? A load of soldiers attacked the compound and killed him, the end. They have told us he was unarmed and one of their helicopters had to be destroyed. What more mysterious truths are you looking for? You also seem to believe you are entitled to see what went on when it is a matter for the US government only. Their word is all anyone is entitled to.

Yes im seriously suggesting they show the footage, got a problem with that? I dont give a dam. They showed Saddam being hung so showing Bin Laden shot in the head is no different.

I think is all a crock of do do what the yanks are saying, far too many inconsistances and then burried at sea, how convenient. If they had got him the way they state it would be all over the TV and News in a way that no one could dispute, thats the American way.

Untill they show the world irrifutable evidence I cannot and will not beleive that they got Bin laden the way they say.

Yes im seriously suggesting they show the footage, got a problem with that? I dont give a dam. They showed Saddam being hung so showing Bin Laden shot in the head is no different.

I think is all a crock of do do what the yanks are saying, far too many inconsistances and then burried at sea, how convenient. If they had got him the way they state it would be all over the TV and News in a way that no one could dispute, thats the American way.

Untill they show the world irrifutable evidence I cannot and will not beleive that they got Bin laden the way they say.

But they can't have irrifutable evidence unless they dredge up the body,then you have to believe some "government" puppet doctor.

They can't prove the story to be true because it is another lie like 9/11 and 7/7 and you can't prove a lie to be true..

To be frank mate it doesn't matter if people go around not believing it. He won't be popping up again. As for the problems with showing the footage it would act as a massive recruitment tool and catalyst for more murder. That's my problem with it and one that the 'gung ho' US has obviously thought of too.

Archived