Should pictures of Bin Laden's corpse be released?

SEALS are trained hard, maybe even harder than the SAS! There's a show on discovery that follows certain parts of the training and it's a lot worse than you'd expect from what you see in media etc.

I think vResistance may blow up now with me talking about TV and media, because they are all made by the government :rolleyes:

The funniest thing about conspiracy theorists is they have never provided proof of any conspiracy. By that I mean proper proof not daft 'Loose change' or youtube crud. They however expect the powers that be to prove everything to them. Why the hell would the US government or anyone feel the need to prove anything to them? They are pathologically inclined to refuse to believe anything the authorities say anyway. The next thread would be:

'Bin Laden 'proof', is it just fake?'

I doubt that this was ever anything other than a kill mission.

Somebody started a thread elsewhere asking if they should be nervous about their Dubai holiday, well they'd have a lot more to be worried about if he had been taken prisoner. The possibility that westerners could have been taken hostage, killed or threatened, with demands for his release, would have been very high.

So am I bothered that they probably went in to kill? No. Am I bothered that they might have lied and said he refused to surrender? No. Am I bothered that they might lie about anything in an attempt to make the situation as less volatile as possible? No.

What I am concerned about is politicians lying to create divisions, and people that make up conspiracy theories to create divisions. I hate that. Bush and Blair lied as an excuse to go to war with Iraq. Conspiracy theorists lie to create self-loathing or hatred between countries.

SEALS are trained hard, maybe even harder than the SAS! There's a show on discovery that follows certain parts of the training and it's a lot worse than you'd expect from what you see in media etc.

Do they have to eat worms and stuff ?

I think vResistance may blow up now with me talking about TV and media, because they are all made by the government :rolleyes:

SAS every time.

The funniest thing about conspiracy theorists is they have never provided proof of any conspiracy. By that I mean proper proof not daft 'Loose change' or youtube crud. They however expect the powers that be to prove everything to them. Why the hell would the US government or anyone feel the need to prove anything to them? They are pathologically inclined to refuse to believe anything the authorities say anyway. The next thread would be:

'Bin Laden 'proof', is it just fake?'

Personally for me that is not the intention. The intention is the ability without question to question. Is it possible? If it is it's questionable. A conspiracy is as good or bad as the brain that can decipher it. Once you come to the conclusion it's possible you then have the much bigger task of dealing with probable. That's when an informed mind comes to play, you just have to convince each other that your mind is more informed than the other. On here that's an impossibility because as we know, we are ALL better informed than one another. :D

Personally for me that is not the intention. The intention is the ability without question to question. Is it possible? If it is it's questionable. A conspiracy is as good or bad as the brain that can decipher it. Once you come to the conclusion it's possible you then have the much bigger task of dealing with probable. That's when an informed mind comes to play, you just have to convince each other that your mind is more informed than the other. On here that's an impossibility because as we know, we are ALL better informed than one another. :D

Well said. I start with instinct e.g. my gut tells me the Bush administration would not have created 911. I can't prove it didn't but then the onus of proof is on the theorists. The theorists no doubt believe the will is there and the possibility too e.g. a massive government cover up for years with no leaks. I would take them more seriously if they weren't so predictable e.g. everything is a lie, everything is a conspiracy. Some conspiracy theories eg the Mafia killing JFK, Bob Marley's assassination etc are realistic, others like fake moon landings and 911 are not.

Archived