Football in Woodseats

Hi all :)

My 9yr old son is football crazy, and we have just moved to Woodseats, so he would like me to find out if there are any teams he can join, or anywhere he can play with others around the same age? He isn't exceptionally talented or anything, he just wants to be able to play properly somewhere, instead of with me (who has 2 left feet...) in a tiny garden.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi all :)

My 9yr old son is football crazy, and we have just moved to Woodseats, so he would like me to find out if there are any teams he can join, or anywhere he can play with others around the same age? He isn't exceptionally talented or anything, he just wants to be able to play properly somewhere, instead of with me (who has 2 left feet...) in a tiny garden.

Thanks in advance!!

Lots going on at Warminster Road, I suggest that you check out pre-season trials.

Ahh ok, thank you! Is there someone I can contact about days and times etc?

My son's 32 now so I am totally out of touch, Porter FC were always a decent outfit, Brunsmeer Athletic are based at Townhead Road in Dore village, I would try Porter though, just Google, you will find them.

Yes, I've just been looking at your site - None of the games seems far away, and I drive anyway, but doesn't he have to be a really good player to be accepted onto a team? He isn't terrible, just needs guidance!! Will he need to try out? If so, do I just phone the number for the under 11's manager - Mr Wayne Davidson and ask? Sorry - I'm a bit clueless!!

hi

there are many teams in your area

abbey lane, porter,greenhill and norton lees to name a few.

google sheffield junior footbal league and there a section to find a

team.

the junior league is now in close season and restarts in september,

a lot of junior teams advertise in the star in early june(i think) with

trial dates and contact numbers.

a lot of teams train/play in s8 i,e graves park, warminster rd, transport

ground, meadowhead school.

hope this helps

Wouldn't bother with Greenhill unless your lad is like Lionel Messi. Great set up and very well coached, but only want the best of the best. Like 1867pm said, Norton Lees, Porter, Abbey Lane, Pro Soccer etc if he's not played competitively before.

Archived