Leadmill Steel Stage

LL200

I'm not entirely sure, but I'd guess it would be the stage in the second room.

Its not there all the time, they just put it up for smaller gigs, on the back wall between the dj box and the toilets, not as good as seeing people on the main stage if you ask me, but what can you do....

So will they be able to have different bands on in both rooms at the same time (keeping the different ticketholders separate and thus potentially having a wider choice of artists on the same night)? Like the City Hall can do. Or is it just that the act (eg Tom McRae) will be on in the bar area and there'll be nothing on in the main room that night? Or can they shut off the main room and still have access to the Steel Stage? As far as I know there's still only one set of toilets - which interconnect via the back bar - so don't see how they could do this.

If it's not segregated then, from the punters' viewpoint it doesn't seem like an improvement at all. Or have I got it wrong?

I thought the same Bilge. I've seen bands in the small room before, but only when they've done like 5 or 6 bands on in one night so they've alternated rooms. I doubt they'd be able to do 2 at the same time -- the rooms are so close you'd easily be able to hear both.

I think it probably has more to do with the number of tickets sold.

Archived