Do you find 'nice' people annoying?

They would only be loathed by people that they couldn't care less about so that doesn't matter does it :cool:

Nothing polarizes people more than when someone says what's on their mind!

It's like Marmite!

I find overly nice people annoying who don't express any point of view when its needed, but I only find it annoying, in reality that simply means that they don't have much self confidence and are afraid and thats not a nice place to be.

I find people that speak their mind regardless of the feelings of others to be even more annoying...in fact I would go so far as to say that I don't like them usually, they seem to think that hurting others gives them some sort of moral high ground where as in reality it just makes them look thoughtless, cold and arrogant.

People should of course speak the truth where its needed but if they can't temper that with some thought and kindness then they should say nothing...just my opinion.

I was brought up with "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Not that I only ever have bad/nasty things to say, but it's been so ingrained in my mind that I generally do just shut up to avoid conflict. It's not fun!

When I say nice I don't mean people with no moral code, I mean those folk never really say what they really think because they don't want to upset anyone, never let their true feelings known because they want to be fashionable and fit in to their click, avoid conflict because they're too bothered about what others might think.

I prefer those who're brutally honest and get hi-rate about stuff, passionate about their beliefs, brutally honest about what they feel and think and let their feelings know directly and do not care what others think of them.

Why have one or the other type of person, bite your tongue in social circles and at work and then come on here and vent your spleen …….. Sorted. :thumbsup:

I don't feel the need to be defined in one word. Furthermore, I don't subscribe to the notion that people are one particular personality trait. Then again, having studied Psychology with a background in mental health, that's not really of any surprise to me.

According to my real world friends, the ones who really know me, I'm a good guy with lots of qualities. On a good day I guess I'd agree with that. :)

I can also, on occasions, be blunt, opinionated, direct and slightly arrogant. I generally don't take any crap - and I can be downright wicked if you set out to hurt me, or those I love.

I'm caring, loyal, affectionate, generally sensitive to the needs and emotions of others, supportive and fiercely protective once you're part of my inner circle. I'd like to think that I'm pretty considerate most of the time - but in terms of balance there are times when (IMO at least) I can be hard work, high maintenance, a little too critical for my own liking and occasionally a bit of a cockasaurus. Hopefully the good stuff rules - but you'd have to ask those who know me the best. :).

I have no problem in accepting that these are all parts of who I am. Why should I? Aren't we all multi-faceted?

I used to live in California and I found that people are very nice and positive on the outside yet you quickly find a dark negative side and some major issues underneath. The amount of alcoholics, wife beaters, bankrupts and those having affairs in our small culdesac would rival that of any soap opera.

Good old Blighty eh?, a healthy dose of honesty, sarcasm and realism is good for the soul and keeps us out of therapy...

... except massage therapy of course (thankfully :)

Archived