Do you find 'nice' people annoying?

Just saying what you think immediately, without properly considering it, or what effect it will have on others is even worse than hiding your true feelings.

Some of the nastiest people I have ever met are totally forthright about what they think. The problem is, such self righteous people really don't care whether they are right or wrong, yet at the same time are utterly intolerant of others expressing feelings and opinions that don't fit in with what they think. There are two sides to every coin. Surely striking a balance is what is important.

I dont like nice people being of a nasty disposition myself. I get annoyed when they say "please" ( sure signs of a sniveling wimp) or "have a nice day" (they have no right to have any say in what day I choose to have) and the worst is when they hold open the door for you. That just ruins my day. It makes me feel guilty when I let the door slam in someone's face.

Allowing me to enter the freeway first when driving is a sure invitation for a hard sideswipe from my former SWAT team amoured assault car.

When I say nice I don't mean people with no moral code, I mean those folk never really say what they really think because they don't want to upset anyone, never let their true feelings known because they want to be fashionable and fit in to their click, avoid conflict because they're too bothered about what others might think.

I prefer those who're brutally honest and get hi-rate about stuff, passionate about their beliefs, brutally honest about what they feel and think and let their feelings know directly and do not care what others think of them.

Have we met???:D:D:D

I used to live in California and I found that people are very nice and positive on the outside yet you quickly find a dark negative side and some major issues underneath. The amount of alcoholics, wife beaters, bankrupts and those having affairs in our small culdesac would rival that of any soap opera.

Good old Blighty eh?, a healthy dose of honesty, sarcasm and realism is good for the soul and keeps us out of therapy...

... except massage therapy of course (thankfully :)

Sounds a bit like the street I used to live on in Parson Cross also except for the addition of the regular Saturday evening shouting matchess with neighbours

Archived