We've just bought a butter dish .. and .. and .. Butter!

As for sell by/use by etc - don't get me started! (But I have eaten a yoghurt that's WEEKS past its use by and it was fine.)

lol, i havent taken notice of dates for years and regularly eat 'out of date'...we have the five senses to rely on as to whether food is safe and they havent failed me yet.

i think the record is a creme egg the other month (emergency choclate stash in my drawer at work) that 'went off' in july 2008...no it didnt! :hihi:

anyhoo, back to butter (:love:) kerrygold is my favourite, but as a treat we used to get handchurned butter from the dairy shop at shugborough with every visit (at my folks in staffordshire) which was just delicious!

...and mash isnt mash without butter!

x

Like eggs, how many people keep them in the fridge? Then think about when you buy them in a shop, are they ever kept in a fridge in there?

if you store them in the fridge they crack when you try and boil them-school boy error.

My boyfriend has started putting the eggs in the fridge:rant:-at least he is trying to tidy though:)

I did the same recently, bought a really nice crystal butterdish from a carboot. I'm afraid I fell into the 'butter is bad for you" net. Why I ever should have cared is beyond me because I hardly use it anyway unless I treat myself to crumpets. Isn't marg one molecule away from plastic? Butter in a butterdish alone has me doing a nostalgia trip from when I was at grandma's.

As seen chalked up in a restaurant "I'd rather trust a cow than a chemist"!

Archived