Mobiles in petrol stations

Watch this video. Proves the point that although it is unlikely, there is a chance it could happen!

Heres another:

As i've already said, we know it's very unlikely to happen. But some of the things they show and tell you as part of training when you work in a petrol station, it just makes you wonder, is it really worth using your phone on the forecourt?? For the sake of a few minutes, why risk it? Just wait until you've finished, go park around the corner and then make your phone call!

I've also mentioned that if the fire officer turns up and i'm allowing a mobile phone to be used on the forecourt, it's ME that will get into trouble for it. So i'm sorry, but if i see a customer using a mobile on the forecourt, i will continue to be a 'jobsworth' and ask them politley not to use it. Otherwise, i risk losing my job! You may not think it's a serious thing, but the fire officer does! He takes it very seriously!

Watch this video. Proves that point that although it is unlikely, there is a chance it could happen!

Could you explain the item I posted above..why is using a phone dangerous yet there are mobile masts hidden in petrol station signage?

---------- Post added 07-02-2013 at 10:21 ----------

Explain what exactly?

Have you read the link?

Watch this video. Proves that point that although it is unlikely, there is a chance it could happen!

Heres another:

Umm no, it proves nothing of the sort. I haven't the heart to pull it to bits but a few minutes logical thinking will give anyone the answers.

No truman, i can't explain that. I don't make the rules. I just follow them because otherwise i risk losing my job!

OK.. you seemed to be saying that mobiles in garages were unsafe...just wondered if you knew why they allowed masts to be hidden in signage.

OK.. you seemed to be saying that mobiles in garages were unsafe...just wondered if you knew why they allowed masts to be hidden in signage.

I have no idea! Never heard of that happening before. I know there aren't any masts hidden anywhere on the forecourt in the petrol station that i work in!

Archived