Weirdo at IKEA Nottingham

Went over to Ikea with the good lady and my 14yr old daughter a few weeks ago. As I was packing away into the back of my truck some old bloke sidled upto my daughter and said "it's warm today, glad he's doing all the work".

As we were driving away my wife said "did you see how he put his hand on her back?"

eh?

She told me (while I had my head in the back of the truck) he put his hand on our daughters back (which was bare, open backed T-Shirt, but bra strap) all the time he was talking.

She said she saw him quite a distance away approaching and knew he was going to interact with us in some way.

We alone with this type of experience?

Open back top with bra strap showing? Well its no excuse for some deviant to lay his hands on your daughter but come on, tell your daughter to dress with a little more class. We don't wanna see young girls with thier panties and bra showin it aint right. I don't wanna see grown women showing underware off either, its UNDERWARE.

This would probably have been seen as normal 20-30 years ago. However everyone is fine tuned to look for paedophiles everywhere.

That's the point I was leaning towards yes.

But.. yes it's underwear but the WHOLE strap wasn't showing. This was one of the days that were a baking 24 degrees, and at IKEA everywhere you look is tarmac, it was sweltering. Would you have suggested a polo-neck? It was a low back T-Shirt that revealed about 3 inches if the strap. If you think this is an invite there's something queer about the way you're looking at this yourself.

It would have seemed fine 20-30 years ago because the media hadn't caught up with the playground gremlins back then, so much.

He could just be an innocent, eccentric old duffer. The type that doesn't understand social rules. Then again I remember reading a piece in the paper about a child molester. He said that every day he tried to at least touch a youngster, even patting them on the head would do.( Sorry about that, it makes my flesh creep just to write it. )

So the choice is yours. It's happened and there's nowt you can do about it, so I would prefer to think he was just a thoughtless, silly old duffer.

As the father of two young girls ( 8 & 10 ) who fights to control his paranoia whenever we are out, I have found seaside towns have a much higher proportion of weirdo's. Don't know why, just an observation.

He could just be an innocent, eccentric old duffer. The type that doesn't understand social rules. Then again I remember reading a piece in the paper about a child molester. He said that every day he tried to at least touch a youngster, even patting them on the head would do.( Sorry about that, it makes my flesh creep just to write it. )

So the choice is yours. It's happened and there's nowt you can do about it, so I would prefer to think he was just a thoughtless, silly old duffer.

As the father of two young girls ( 8 & 10 ) who fights to control his paranoia whenever we are out, I have found seaside towns have a much higher proportion of weirdo's. Don't know why, just an observation.

Must say I was going to edit my post reflecting your thoughts Randy :o and thought even the header "Weirdo" was a tad cynical and assumptious :(

Archived