Weirdo at IKEA Nottingham

That's the point I was leaning towards yes.

But.. yes it's underwear but the WHOLE strap wasn't showing. This was one of the days that were a baking 24 degrees, and at IKEA everywhere you look is tarmac, it was sweltering. Would you have suggested a polo-neck? It was a low back T-Shirt that revealed about 3 inches if the strap. If you think this is an invite there's something queer about the way you're looking at this yourself.

It would have seemed fine 20-30 years ago because the media hadn't caught up with the playground gremlins back then, so much.

Well I had no comment about the girls clothes anyway and unless the clothes have 'slut' written on them I have no problem.

There are no more paedo's now than there ever were and the majority have always come from within friends and family. Placing a friendly hand on a kid used to be common from what I can tell and you said this bloke was old. What if he had been a handsome young Brad Pitt lookalike with his own kid stood next to him?

Yah the line "That's the point I was leaning towards yes." was in response to you, the rest of it more towards Riche's response.

I agree to your statement there are no more around now than previously, within the friends and family scenario, but access to material that leads to people 'going over' is much more prevalent.

Interesting.

Brad Pitt or not, no one should approach my ankle biters without a permit.

Went over to Ikea with the good lady and my 14yr old daughter a few weeks ago. As I was packing away into the back of my truck some old bloke sidled upto my daughter and said "it's warm today, glad he's doing all the work".

As we were driving away my wife said "did you see how he put his hand on her back?"

eh?

She told me (while I had my head in the back of the truck) he put his hand on our daughters back (which was bare, open backed T-Shirt, but bra strap) all the time he was talking.

She said she saw him quite a distance away approaching and knew he was going to interact with us in some way.

We alone with this type of experience?

Personally I wouldn't read to much into it, human interaction often involves physical contact, often when adults are talking to children.

Could be something or nothing but personally, if a total strange touched me whilst they were talking to me even I, as a grown adult, would find it a bit odd.

I think it depends on the context of the 'touching', a pat on the arm or back whilst engaged in a convivial conversation would be fine, but anything more intimate than that might be questionable.

I was once standing in the queue at my local Co-op, the woman in front of me dropped some change on the floor, as she stood up she steadied herself by grabbing my groin, the 'touch' lingered just a little too long for it to be a genuine oversight..she became flustered and left the shop without her shopping and before I could hand over my telephone number ;)

I think it depends on the context of the 'touching', a pat on the arm or back whilst engaged in a convivial conversation would be fine, but anything more intimate than that might be questionable.

I was once standing in the queue at my local Co-op, the woman in front of me dropped some change on the floor, as she stood up she steadied herself by grabbing my groin, the 'touch' lingered just a little too long for it to be a genuine oversight..she became flustered and left the shop without her shopping and before I could hand over my telephone number ;)

I was at the bar in Genevieves once, getting the drinks, when someone cupped my genitals from behind. If this was anyone on here may I just thank them, unless it was a bloke. :(

I was once standing in the queue at my local Co-op

I was at the bar in Genevieves once, getting the drinks, when someone rubbed their genitals on my hand. If this was anyone on here may I just tell them how disgusting it was. I couldn't hold two plums again without feeling queasy.

I was at the bar in Genevieves once, getting the drinks, when someone rubbed their genitals on my hand. If this was anyone on here may I just tell them how disgusting it was. I couldn't hold two plums again without feeling queasy.

I can rule you out, this was 1975.

Archived