MORI Poll shows that Milliband is now more unpopular than Clegg

Perhaps this more recent poll gives a truer picture - especially as it hasn't been filtered by Murdochs hacks.

http://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/2773/ReutersIpsos-MORI-April-2011-Political-Monitor.aspx

"

There is little to separate Cameron and Miliband in terms of their personal ratings; around two-fifths are satisfied with each (44% and 41% respectively). Around a third (35%) are satisfied with Nick Clegg, although half are dissatisfied (53%).

Cameron maintains his lead as the most capable Prime Minister by half of the public (45%), compared with a quarter who say Miliband (25%) and fewer than one in ten who say Clegg (7%)."

Well its hardly relevant is it. The OP is a question of popularity not satisfaction. People do not like Milliband. He hasn't actually done anything or come up with any ideas for anyone to be dissatistfied with him, because he's done nothing.

But if you want to ask different questions this is probably as relevant as any.

WHO WOULD MAKE THE BEST PRIME MINISTER.

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/leaders

Because not only do 50% more people think Cameron is a better Prime Minister than Milliband would be, but he continually rates lower than Gordon did, and he was the hate figure that lost the election.

Well its hardly relevant is it. The OP is a question of popularity not satisfaction. People do not like Milliband. He hasn't actually done anything or come up with any ideas for anyone to be dissatistfied with him, because he's done nothing.

But if you want to ask different questions this is probably as relevant as any.

WHO WOULD MAKE THE BEST PRIME MINISTER.

As I pointed out in the link to the MORI poll, only 7% think Clegg, 25% Milliband and 45% Cameron.

As I pointed out in the link to the MORI poll, only 7% think Clegg, 25% Milliband and 45% Cameron.

So 80% more people think Cameron is a better Prime Minister than Milliband would be. Now with Labour riding high in the polls that can't be a healthy situation. I'm just assuming that come the next election the economy has recovered somewhat from the mess Brown left behind and folks are felling a bit better about things and the Tories have recovered lost ground in the polls. Labour going to the country with a unpopular loser at the helm of the party isn't smart. You guys have picked the wrong leader haven't you?

So 80% more people think Cameron is a better Prime Minister than Milliband would be.<snip rant>

I'm merely pointing out that a lot more people think Milliband would be a better PM than Clegg.

So 80% more people think Cameron is a better Prime Minister than Milliband would be. Now with Labour riding high in the polls that can't be a healthy situation. I'm just assuming that come the next election the economy has recovered somewhat from the mess Brown left behind and folks are felling a bit better about things and the Tories have recovered lost ground in the polls. Labour going to the country with a unpopular loser at the helm of the party isn't smart. You guys have picked the wrong leader haven't you?

I do believe you are right.and I do believe that they also will probably think the same.They just dont seem to be able to get the leadership right really.

It is a shame that most people put so much importance on the image of the leader but it is true. Although I do accept that Milliband has much more to worry about than just the fact that he looks like a Wallace and gromit character.

http://www.economicvoice.com/wallace-is-ed-miliband/5008857#axzz1LOOQTPsp

I'm merely pointing out that a lot more people think Milliband would be a better PM than Clegg.

And I was merely pointing out that 80% more people think Cameron is a better Prime Minister than Milliband would be, and that's from the figures you yourself quoted. Bearing in mind that Clegg is never going to be in a position to be PM anyhow the choice at the next election is Cameron or Milliband. You guys have a problem.:hihi::hihi:

And I was merely pointing out that 80% more people think Cameron is a better Prime Minister than Milliband would be, and that's from the figures you yourself quoted. Bearing in mind that Clegg is never going to be in a position to be PM anyhow the choice at the next election is Cameron or Milliband. You guys have a problem.:hihi::hihi:

Why do you assume I support Milliband? Your OP was regarding Clegg being more "popular" than Milliband - whatever that means.

If we change from "first past the post" voting it could be that Clegg could become PM (unlikely but he could lead a "centrist" coalition).

Archived