MORI Poll shows that Milliband is now more unpopular than Clegg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-13305294

To be honest it was incredibly easy to find. I just googled clegg and resign. It's almost as if you couldn't bear to look.

No I wanted you to do it.

Actually, I assumed you were talking about our councillors, but I knew that you weren't as you would not be able to find any evidence of that.

He's on the local leaflet I got.

And in my local Lib Dem Club there's no hatred like has been posted on here. Most are glad that their party has finally got a bit of power.

Yes, but that is in the real world, not the Sheffield Forum world

No I wanted you to do it.

Actually, I assumed you were talking about our councillors, but I knew that you weren't as you would not be able to find any evidence of that.

Well, I said councillors not Sheffield councillors. And I'd already said that the dislike of Clegg wasn't only based in Sheffield. So for you to assume that is slightly strange. And also, how many councillors actually are thinking it, but are not making it public yet ? I reckon quite a few.

Try doing a search, you'll see my link isn't the only one. You might actually learn something...if you'll take your blinkers off.

I think the results show that the real world isn't your little LibDem world.

In the real world it would appear to be tory world. They still have the same number of MPs that they had at the General Election. They now have more council seats than at the General election. They have lost 3 or 4 seats in the Scottish Parliament but nowhere near as many as Labour, and their leader isn't in the running for the most unpopular man in Britain contest.

But to cap it all the main opposition doesn't seem inclined to try to lay a glove on them.

Guest sibon
In the real world it would appear to be tory world. They still have the same number of MPs that they had at the General Election. They now have more council seats than at the General election. They have lost 3 or 4 seats in the Scottish Parliament but nowhere near as many as Labour, and their leader isn't in the running for the most unpopular man in Britain contest.

But to cap it all the main opposition doesn't seem inclined to try to lay a glove on them.

At the moment, a general election would almost certainly give us a Tory majority.

The Lie Dems have been squeezed at both ends. No point in Labour supporters voting for them tactically and I assume that if you want the Tories in, you might as well vote for the real McCoy, not some wannabes. That just leaves the core vote which has been around 10-15% for the last 30 years or more.

In truth, the Tories have been the spectacular winners in this election. The Lie Dems need to wake up and smell the coffee. As for Labour... well, they need some policies and a leader.

Irreconcilable coalition differences, followed by a snap election, anyone?

At the moment, a general election would almost certainly give us a Tory majority.

The Lie Dems have been squeezed at both ends. No point in Labour supporters voting for them tactically and I assume that if you want the Tories in, you might as well vote for the real McCoy, not some wannabes. That just leaves the core vote which has been around 10-15% for the last 30 years or more.

In truth, the Tories have been the spectacular winners in this election. The Lie Dems need to wake up and smell the coffee. As for Labour... well, they need some policies and a leader.

Irreconcilable coalition differences, followed by a snap election, anyone?

I really can't see why the tories would want to call a general election. As they say "Things can only get better". We are probably riding at the bottom of the economic woes. So it will probably raise their fortunes over the next few years. If they won an early election it would probably be the end of the line for Milliband, and the tories couldn't hope that labour would find another charisma free leader. Milliband will be the tories greatest asset going into the next election and he certainly never lays a finger on cameron at PMQs.

Well, I said councillors not Sheffield councillors. And I'd already said that the dislike of Clegg wasn't only based in Sheffield. So for you to assume that is slightly strange. And also, how many councillors actually are thinking it, but are not making it public yet ? I reckon quite a few.

Try doing a search, you'll see my link isn't the only one. You might actually learn something...if you'll take your blinkers off.

Well, you may well be right. Who really knows what everyone is really thinking unless they actually speak out and say it themselves.Making assumptions not backed up by facts often gets you in hot water.

I dont think you have to explain to me anything about the effects that the dislike that some people have of Nick Clegg has had on councillors and cities up and down the country.Dont worry, I have my eyes wide open,and over the last year, I have learned a hell of a lot.

I think that the real world gave their opinion yesterday.

They surely did.

Conservative 4820 elected councillors.

Labour 2392 elected councillors

Liberal Democrat 1056 elected councillors

Conservative overall control of 157 councils.

Labour overall control of 57 councils. 4 of those decided by the toss of a coin.

Liberal Democrat overall control of 10 councils

Archived