Family outgrow Sheffield council house (Panorama - 4 May 2011)

I must say I was extremely angry when watching this programme. Why should we feel obliged to subside these people because they've out grown a house which they are already priviledged to own? The family in the terrace house with 9 people in is disgraceful. How can she claim over crowding for some of the children that aren't even hers! If i was her i would be using every type of contraception so that i didn't have any more than 2 maximum. I must say i'm not a home owner myself yet and the thought of getting pregnent would terrify me without having a roof of my own over my head! If we all had the same view then i reckon we would have such a better infastructure in britain.

The parents who claim that they are evicting there children so they are classed as homeless to move up the priority ladder are by far the worst. The roots go a lot deeper than they have shown. In my experience its uneducated, unruly and unloved kids who have fallen out with their parents and the parents can't be bothered so class them as 'homeless' to get a free ride off the council. I watched this all as this happened to my sister!

That blonde girl who was crying and said no one cares about her and the baby. LOL what the hell? There are people on the streets in London freezing cold living in cardboard boxes and she thinks she's number one just because she got herself pregnent..well done! It's the 21st century, there aren't anymore handouts because people have abused the system and theres no more funding for those people that actually need the help.

So basically I'm working up to 50 hours a week sometimes trying to become an accredited civil engineer so i can contribute to, in the form of rising taxes, to the growing number of people on benefits and in council houses. Thanks i can't wait! Theres more of an incentive to go and have 10 kids and get a free house while feeding them manufactured food. Where did it all go wrong!

No, I would do none of the above, but I do agree with Bloomdido that no one has a right to expect to be upgraded to a larger council house because they have too many children.

That's what contraception is for, and taking personal responsibility.

There was a family of 9 from somalia living in Kennsington on one of the most expensive streets that the council had provided for them paying there 1.2million a month rent. The reason they had for this, 'just because were on benefits why should we have to bring up our kids in a poor area.' This is what will become common if we start upgrading people all the time

No I dont know any of the circumstances but I bet my guess isnt far wrong.

If people cant afford kids they should really think about it before having unprotected sex, instead of relying on other people providing for them.

Certain religions teach there fans not to practise contraception and some of those followers take this to heart and so some times it ends up with 9 kids ?

Certain religions teach there fans not to practise contraception and some of those followers take this to heart and so some times it ends up with 9 kids ?

No one on this programme were following any type of religion!

depands , i have 2 children and had then when i moved in to my 2 bed house and now my littel girl is tuning 10 i need a 3 bed as she can no longer shair with brother.[/quote

When i was a kid there were many families living in small back to back terrace houses most often with just 2 bedrooms these families would often have up to 6 kids but always seemed happy enough and managed some how.

Perhaps now the nanny state has just made life more complicated.

Sorry that was my mistake

'Francesca Walker, 33, was housed in the five-bedroom three-storey villa by Kensington and Chelsea Borough Council even though it is costing taxpayers £7,600 every month.'

I was ment to write 'Family living in £2.6 million 'council house'

Source- The telegraph dec 08

Archived