Family outgrow Sheffield council house (Panorama - 4 May 2011)

Well when they do have kids they will most definately be entitled to child/working tax credits. If someone is on a low income and over 25 then they can claim working tax anyway.

You say 16hours plus tax credits = same as someone working full time with no kids? Remember what the 16 hour worker recieves has to be shared between more people ie children + self and bills. Tax credits are there for a reason.

Atleast this person is working and probably paying tax aswel.

What realy bugs me about threads such as this one is the fact that it is the working class turning against there own kind.[i know the never worked in there lives brigade are going to start] but the thing is the ruling classes i.e.The landed Gentry[so called] The public school mob[Cameron and Cleggetc] The royal hangers on [hundreds of em] The bankers and the majority of MP,s are laughing all the way to the bank while we fall out with each other just because some one has got a little bit more than us.

The people this thread is on about are some times abusing the system agreed but the real culprits in our unfair society are the above toss potts who are quite happy to let us carry on tearing into each other while they sup there G and T,s

Right, if you won't take a job because it is only the same as your benefit TOUGH. Benefit is not there to let you play medal of honour or watch Jeremy Kyle while masturbating into your sugary cereal. If people refuse this then their money should be stopped. Food vouchers only rather than any money should be enforced to these wasters. There are too many people are popping out kids just to get more child benefit and as an excuse not to work.

The council owe people nothing. If you have ten in a house and think it is your god given right to a bigger house you are deluded. Get a job, get some self respect and stop blaming the mysterious them for your woes. Immigrants are not to blame for the fact you consider minimum wage beneath you, your screwed up priorities are to blame and your laziness and not some mysterious scape goat who the daily mail tell you about. think for yourselves and work for yourselves. Take responsibility for yourselves.

The government need to come down hard on these wasters who spout the line "I'm not working for £20 more than I get on benefit". Oh you won't! Is that right? Then stop scrounging and look after your own you filthy wastrels.

And breathe...........

:thumbsup::clap::thumbsup::clap: Well, said :D

We should pay people not to have children, instead of paying people to breed. This country is turning to **** because the wrong people are popping out kids left right and centre while decent people are afraid to have children because of the way things are.

Right, if you won't take a job because it is only the same as your benefit TOUGH. Benefit is not there to let you play medal of honour or watch Jeremy Kyle while masturbating into your sugary cereal. If people refuse this then their money should be stopped. Food vouchers only rather than any money should be enforced to these wasters. There are too many people are popping out kids just to get more child benefit and as an excuse not to work.

Excellent comment, people need to stop assuming they're ENTITLED to benefits. You're not you lazy idiots. Especially Job Seekers Allowance, the clue is in the name.

The council owe people nothing. If you have ten in a house and think it is your god given right to a bigger house you are deluded. Get a job, get some self respect and stop blaming the mysterious them for your woes. Immigrants are not to blame for the fact you consider minimum wage beneath you, your screwed up priorities are to blame and your laziness and not some mysterious scape goat who the daily mail tell you about. think for yourselves and work for yourselves. Take responsibility for yourselves.

The government need to come down hard on these wasters who spout the line "I'm not working for £20 more than I get on benefit". Oh you won't! Is that right? Then stop scrounging and look after your own you filthy wastrels.

And breathe...........

Again, excellent. The council nor the government nor anyone else owe these people a living. They shouldn't be getting a penny if they're not willing to work. Take away the benefits from those who don't fancy working as they wont be on more money THEN see how fast they get off their arses and start to work out how to do something with their lives.

And breathe...........

Couldn't put it better ,go on that man/woman well said :)

Although this must be a good thing, my points about priority.

I don't understand why anyone would want to/have to wait 10 years for a council house.

Because people very rarely move out once they have one....? Not many council houses being built so a very limited supply of vacant ones..?

I wonder why the Sheffield people featured on this programme haven't come on this thread to defend themselves?

Perhaps they're waiting for the Council to buy them a laptop and give them free wifi access?

My son was on that programme and he doesnt come on here.

He was the lad that was in the house that was damp and had water in the cellar, the landlord said it wasnt like that when my son moved in but it was and he was notified about this on numerous occasions. He was also notified that all through the winter he didnt have any heating.

Archived