Appeal to the electorate

Guest sibon
Only if you count a manifesto pledge, not achieved by a party that has not formed a majority government, to be a broken promise. Since the manifesto is a list of things the party plan to do if it does form a majority government, that would be a very silly way of looking at it.

I suggest that a pledge is indeed a promise. A principle, if you like.

To my way of thinking, that is a broken promise. It is also immoral.

Thanks HeadingNorth, a very worthwhile thread, in my opinion.

I have been avoiding political threads for a while (struggling to understand the way sheffield thinks generally), but this thread is well thought out and goes beyond petty squabbles and name calling..

Thirded - excellent thread HeadingNorth :thumbsup:

i fully intend to vote tomorrow but on the AV im a little lost. i thought about voting yes in favour of AV but i've been told it might be a bad idea. im now confused. is the AV system really a bad idea?.

Have a read of this article on the BBC News site - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13229787 - five reasons for and against written by the supporters of each view (not the BBC).

Once you've read that, ask questions on here about your concerns :)

To anyone planning to vote in the referendum tomorrow.

Here is a BBC summary of the arguments for, and against, switching our voting system to Alternative Vote.

I'm not arguing that case either way. I'm only asking that you make your decision based on the actual issues. Whichever voting system we end up with after tomorrow, will be around for many decades to come, in all likelihood; Clegg, Cameron and Miliband will all be out of our hair within ten years. Please, do not try to use this referendum as a vote for or against some political leader that you despise. It's far more important than that.

Well said. This is far too important an issue to play party politics with.

Have a read of this article on the BBC News site - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13229787 - five reasons for and against written by the supporters of each view (not the BBC).

Once you've read that, ask questions on here about your concerns :)

thanks dosxuk. after reading that im leaning towards voting in favour of the AV system.

Archived