Txt - no money on phone

I took a call on the mobile earlier from some company in Manchester trying to sell me loans! Eh? For a start, I don't put my mobile number anywhere online, not even Facebook. and secondly, how did they get my number?! It's the same at home, when I got a BT Landline at the Flat, I specifically went ex-directory to stop the likes of double glazing sales people hassling me all the time, but I still get the occassional call! :loopy:

you need to register (free) for the telephone preference service, which prevents uk based market researchers and sales people from contacting you

just because you are ex directory doesnt stop you getting these calls as your numbers are stored on records and are pulled up at random for people such as window sales to call you i only know this as my dad works for virgin and he told me he gave me the number of a company which is telephone preference service if you call them this will stop any cold call calls to your landline hope this little bit of info is useful for you :)

Archived