Focus DIY has gone into administration.

Ive just been talking to my very upset brother who lives in liverpool and is the assistant manager of a focus d.i.y store, administrators have gone in tonight for talks, my brother along with 4000 focus store workers could have been made redundant... bosses have already sent home my brother with no plans for him to return, only given advice on where and what to do next in regards to redundancy pay ect... my brother is very upset and struggeling to face losing his job, with a very ill child that they have to raise thousands of pounds for special surgery at a special children hospital in london after the nhs doctors (although they have tried their very best) failed to fix my nephews life threatening condition, this couldnt come at a worst time.

im sure we will hear something on the news about it soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13283501

Redundancy is bad enough for anybody at anytime but in your Brother's situation I can only imagine what he's going through right now.

I don't know what to say apart from, to every cloud there is a silver lining. Maybe the silver lining to your brothers dark cloud is that for a little while he'll have more time and energy to devote to raising the money needed for your nephews surgery.

Sometimes these trials are sent for a reason and perhaps that reason in your brothers case is to be able to spend more time with his son.

I wish him the best for his future anyhow.........and I really hope your nephew gets the surgery he needs and goes on to make a good recovery. xx

Redundancy is bad enough for anybody at anytime but in your Brother's situation I can only imagine what he's going through right now.

I don't know what to say apart from, to every cloud there is a silver lining. Maybe the silver lining to your brothers dark cloud is that for a little while he'll have more time and energy to devote to raising the money needed for your nephews surgery.

Sometimes these trials are sent for a reason and perhaps that reason in your brothers case is to be able to spend more time with his son.

I wish him the best for his future anyhow.........and I really hope your nephew gets the surgery he needs and goes on to make a good recovery. xx

thank u very much, thats very kind. my brother is going to stay at home and look after the 2 kiddies while my sister in law goes back to work, she was a chef before the kids were born. now my brothers family have some more sad sad news, my brothers wife grandad died this morning, 4 weeks after her nannan died, they are all extremely close and are devastated, how much more can this family take! the news about my brother losing his job is only breaking this family even more.

also my sympathies go out to every other man and women who have or about to lose their job at focus, i know for many its not just a job and i wish you all the best for the future.

• 1 month later...

Archived