Has anyone ever been through an Ebay dispute?

I've a feeling i'm about to go through one! :mad:

I've sold a Next Signature dress, only worn once for a wedding and received a message from the buyer saying that they're not happy as there are black marks on the back and some snagging to the lining. She's says she expects a full refund.

This site - http://toolhaus.org/ - may be of some help to give you a better impression of your buyer's history....

I don't fancy your chances tbh, they don't look after sellers at all. I sold a pair of dungarees a few years back which went for a nice sum, the buyer gave me the wrong address and then claimed she hadn't received them, went through a dispute and despite me showing proof of postage and evidence that she had given me the wrong address she was given a refund.

Then low and behold, 6 mths later she had the exact same pair of dungarees for sale, I contacted Ebay and they told me if I wanted to bring it back up I should have done so within 10 days??????

Hope you have better results with them but I doubt it, and to be fair you could have edited the photos (I'm not suggesting you did but ebay and the buyer may do.)

lol should have bought them back and sent them to your parents or something and done the same thing to them, lol

And yes, in extreme cases where no fault can be proven from either side, then eBay refund the buyer themselves, and the seller keeps their money.

I once had a phone listed a few years ago, probably 2007. It was a new (at the time) Nokia. And I stated several times in the listing that IT ONLY WORKED ON ORANGE UK AND COULD NOT BE UNLOCKED. I got several messages from an Italian buyer, who kept asking what network in Italy is the equivalent of Orange. I told him that I didn't know, but most likely, it wouldn't work anyway, and he shouldn't bid.

He placed several bids, which I cancelled, but he got one in in the last 10 seconds. I then had to send to him, so I packaged it all up, in a box, brown paper, and a mailing bag.

5 days later, I get a message saying I had sent an empty box. The packaging hadn't been opened, but I hadn't put the phone in because I didn't want to sell to him. It clearly just didn't work in Italy. He opened a Paypal dispute, the money was taken from my account and put 'on hold' and because I had proof of delivery, and we were both accusing each other of theft, they asked him to file a police report. I don't know what he put in this report, but the case got closed in my favour as 'The police report submitted was invalid and irrelevant'

i am having the exact same problem! i sold a jacket i said it had been worn a couple of times in the ad, when really it had been worn once and put in the warbrobe, i got an awful email this morning saying i lied about the description, the stiching is all undone on the inside ect, when it wasnt, but i have nothing to prove this i mean it was a barbour jacket, she got it for £50 i mean there 300 to buy new and she complains and sets up a dispute, i have nothing to prove that it wasnt like this before i send it so havnt really got a leg to stand on, but to save the arguing i gave her a refund, does anyone no if it comes back in a state if i will be able to complain???

i am having the exact same problem! i sold a jacket i said it had been worn a couple of times in the ad, when really it had been worn once and put in the warbrobe, i got an awful email this morning saying i lied about the description, the stiching is all undone on the inside ect, when it wasnt, but i have nothing to prove this i mean it was a barbour jacket, she got it for £50 i mean there 300 to buy new and she complains and sets up a dispute, i have nothing to prove that it wasnt like this before i send it so havnt really got a leg to stand on, but to save the arguing i gave her a refund, does anyone no if it comes back in a state if i will be able to complain???

Oh no, sounds like my buyer. I would have insisted on receiving it back first before refunding her though in case she now keeps it and your money.

I hope you get it back.

If it was just the 'snag' in the lining that mine was complaining about then I would have probably refunded her in the end but I know full well those marks have been added. :rant:

oh <REMOVED> forgot about her not sending it me back, got the full adress i posted it to anyway and its not that far drive so if i dont get it i will be making a trip lol, or cant i take this up with ebay? i honestly never even thought about it just paid the refund as i have hundreds of good feedback and not one negative and i didnt want that to be affected so just paid without even thinking.

This sounds like a seller who bought an unwanted dress from me. Just a plain, black dress, still with tags - nothing wrong with it. She un-did the stitching on the dress, which was a size 18 btw, and as she wasnt too far from me, I drove to her house to see it - save postage, right? She must've been atleast a size 22 if not bigger. So simply, the dress didnt fit her and she had no desire to shift the weight to fit the dress and she wanted a refund. I told her i'd open it with eBay etc to protect both of us incase either did wrong-doing. I gave her my address, told her to send it back to me and i'll refund her fully less of postage. She said ok, that was near on 1 year ago, never got the dress back, nor did she get a refund. It was only because I questioned her, on who she bought the dress for!

Another situation, was some baby stuff. 4 or 5 blankets. Won for about £4 if that! I send EVERYTHING first class, recorded delivery. She wasnt in to sign for the item, nor did she go and pick it up after however many days RM returned it to me. She claimed i'd never sent it. But I had messages from her to proove, she told me 'ive got the item but its in the sorting office, ill leave feedback such-a day'.... I told her id refund her less of postage. She never got anywhere with that either. To this day ive kept the money and item.

So theres 2 cases that went in my favour, as a seller. I've still got 100% positive feedback too. Don't worry too much, just keep calm about it. xx

oh <REMOVED> forgot about her not sending it me back, got the full adress i posted it to anyway and its not that far drive so if i dont get it i will be making a trip lol, or cant i take this up with ebay? i honestly never even thought about it just paid the refund as i have hundreds of good feedback and not one negative and i didnt want that to be affected so just paid without even thinking.

NEVER refund without returning the item, unless its broken or something, and you've got photo evidence as such, and you don't want it back

Archived