1st birthday party - magician recommendations

Hi

My daughter will be one in June and we are planning her first birthday party, we thought it might be a good idea to have a magician to entertain our guests, both children and adults.

Can anyone recommmend a decent magician.

Thanks

Daryl

There are a few magicians around but what is the age range of the kids? If they are all under 3 or 4 then magic may not be quite right. Someone like Andy the Clown (not sure if he is still going) would be better. As someone who used to do birthday parties, magic is not appreciated by most kids under 4, also they won't buy you a pint after.

There are a few magicians around but what is the age range of the kids? If they are all under 3 or 4 then magic may not be quite right. Someone like Andy the Clown (not sure if he is still going) would be better. As someone who used to do birthday parties, magic is not appreciated by most kids under 4, also they won't buy you a pint after.

Four years ago, when my daughter was 2 & 1/2 years old, she was invited to a 3 year old's birthday party, along with about 7 or 8 others, all the same sort of age.

The parents had hired a magician. Of course, the kids didn't understand it and the adults weren't interested. The only saving grace was one girl, about 6 or 7 years old (the sister of one of the kids), who actually quite enjoyed the show, but didn't really like being the centre of attention.

"Can I have a volunteer from the audience, yes, you again."

I'm sure the OP is referring to a range of ages, its just the birthday girl who is one.

Save your money. Your child will not understand its their birthday.

The magician will got over their heads.

Most I've seens are not very good and are just going through the same routine they've been doing for the last 15 years.

I'm sure the adults can provide the entertainment themselves.

Archived