They died for your freedom

Tell us about the Gulf of Tonkin incident? My Lai?

Did you frag any of your officers? How many choppers did you guys have to ditch into the sea when the VC chased you out?

You haven't got a clue about what you are talking about, therefore we are agreed that further discussion is pointless :hihi:

Sorry I was civil enough to respond to that other post of yours. Get lost Jethro :hihi:

Blind patriot, is an enemy to everyman...

They used to stand on street corners before WW1 wearing the tattered remains of their uniforms with a begging bowl in their hands. Old soldiers who won medals in Britains countless battles to defend Queen and Empah !

"Spare a copper for a blind patriot sir"

No enemy to anyone was the blind patriot :D

A pertinent question to ask is...Why do men predominantly enjoy war? War isn't something forced upon us..we want it, we need it...we actually consume it and consume it no differently than we do french fries. We lie to ourselves about the horrors and at the same time lock n load with phallic extensions.

Why do men bond to the extent that they do through conflict and not in peace? Why do wives, lovers not scream more loudly rather than reinforce their mens actions by being mute. Why do they pat their husbands and sons on the back with pride then retire to continuous pain knowing full well it may be the last they see them? What's the use of freedom if having the reason you exist or the reason of your existence removed.

Men enjoy war better than sex, because their better at it, and because of it, their ripe plump and ready for when the man says...go go go!

A pertinent question to ask is...Why do men predominantly enjoy war? War isn't something forced upon us..we want it, we need it...we actually consume it and consume it no differently than we do french fries. We lie to ourselves about the horrors and at the same time lock n load with phallic extensions.

Why do men bond to the extent that they do through conflict and not in peace? Why do wives, lovers not scream more loudly rather than reinforce their mens actions by being mute. Why do they pat their husbands and sons on the back with pride then retire to continuous pain knowing full well it may be the last they see them? What's the use of freedom if having the reason you exist or the reason of your existence removed.

Men enjoy war better than sex, because their better at it, and because of it, their ripe plump and ready for when the man says...go go go!

Yes I'm sure all the squaddies that have come back from Iraq and Afghanistan with PTSD or had legs blown off fully agree going to war was just like eating a McDonalds Happy Meal and better than sex. :roll:

Although we should point out that New Zealand answered England's call for both world wars, and many of their sons died for our cause. It certainly wasn't their cause.

Wrong. It was a global conflict (hence being called a World War) which if lost would have seen New Zealand under the rule of the Japanese empire. I'm sure you don't need reminding how the Japanese treated people during that period. To suggest New Zealand were immune and had no reason to fight is nonsense.

the Falklands war was about regaining that which was taken by force.

So by that logic, you should support Palestine who fight to regain stolen land.:rolleyes:

So by that logic, you should support Palestine who fight to regain stolen land.:rolleyes:

Sorry to butt in, but are you implying that it would be inherently wrong to support Palestine? If so, and I hate to speculate, would that be because they have brown skin and are, dare I say it... Muslims?

Sorry to butt in, but are you implying that it would be inherently wrong to support Palestine? If so, and I hate to speculate, would that be because they have brown skin and are, dare I say it... Muslims?

I think you misread my post- what I was implying was that if the Falklands was fought to regain stolen land, then the same principle should be applied to Palestine (i.e. they have every right to regain their stolen land).

It is Zionism that controls Israel- they do not follow in line with the teachings of the Torah. The Jews and Muslims lived peacefully for generations.

What you're saying is you're against war, fair enough and so am I. War is like measles though it's always been around and will probably continue to do so in small conflicts around the globe. rebellions against tyrannical leaders, land disputes, tribal differences, fights over dwindling natural rescources. the ingredients are all there for war to be around indefinitely.

I'm not just talking about being against war in general. I accept armed conflict is inevitable in resolving legitimate disputes. What I'm raising in this thread is the notion that we seem to apply the same mantras (regarding freedom, democracy, humanitarianism) to every conflict our leaders send us into, regardless of what we ourselves know about it.

My question to everyone is, how do we know for sure 99% of the conflicts we involve ourselves in are really about what our leaders say? Given that power is self serving, and going by what little trust we have in government over many other issues, why do we still cling to the idea that we fight for our freedom, protection and even resources for our people? Do we ever stop to consider all the special interests that benefit from war and how that may be justification enough to stimulate conflict? All it takes is a bit of selective funding by a private finance entity.

So it's not a case of being for or against war, it's more about blind patriotism and how that leads to the false justification for war. WE give our rulers the green light and perpetuate war through our naivety in that sense.

Archived