Looking for Sapper B Knowill and Craftsmen G McDonald

peppermint

Peppermint,

I think you may find that WA should read WR as in West Riding (Star typo error) which may give results on internet searches. Totley Butts is where the Sqn would have gone to do weapons training, but they were actually based at Somme Barracks on Glossop Rd. Craftsman Mc'Donald was in the Royal Electical and Mechanical Engineers or R.E.M.E. ( as shown by the cap badge and would have been attatched to 106 Sqn RE( Royal Engineers). I'll try and do a bit of searching myself, I was in that unit from 1973. Regards.

Originally posted by Magneteer

Peppermint,

I think you may find that WA should read WR as in West Riding (Star typo error) which may give results on internet searches. Totley Butts is where the Sqn would have gone to do weapons training, but they were actually based at Somme Barracks on Glossop Rd. Craftsman Mc'Donald was in the Royal Electical and Mechanical Engineers or R.E.M.E. ( as shown by the cap badge and would have been attatched to 106 Sqn RE( Royal Engineers). I'll try and do a bit of searching myself, I was in that unit from 1973. Regards.

:thumbsup: thnx Magneteer, glad you posted reply..I wouldn't have known about the base at somme baracks. I was just asked if I could find out any info on the two men in the picture. The picture was in the star two weeks ago (the sgts wife was very shocked to see it as he has been dead for quite a few years)

I will keep searching. I hope you have better luck than i have had when you go searching.

thnx again.... peppermint

• 2 months later...
Sapper knowill and Craftsmen McDonald, were members of the 106(WA) Field Emgineering regiment Totley Butts

Does anyone know these people and can help me trace them.

there is a picture taken in 1960 where they are on manoeuvres with a Sgt R Fletcher. I hope someone can help.

you can find the picture on this link.

www.stealthswift.co.uk

Please guys have another look at this see if anyone recognises the 2 men Sapper Kowill and Craftsmen Mcdonald, the wife (widow) of the other man in the picture was wondering where the 2 men are today

Archived