Anyone else had this problem with Santander?

I had a few problems with Santander and went into the Halifax on March 16th to transfer my current account and my ISA. Santander have been very slow in releasing details of direct debits to the Halifax but its May 7th and there is just one direct debit to be set up with my new Bank. The whole transfer should have been completed in 10 working days but its taken much longer and cost me quite a bit in time and phone calls etc.

TANSTAAFL.

Caveat Emptor.

According to the banking ombudsman, we don't change our banks often enough.

Banks are neither politicians nor are they babies' nappies. They don't need to be changed as often.

When my son was an infant, if his nappy was wet or full of ****, I changed it. (Politicians are usually full of ****, so they should be changed often.)

Should I become dissatisfied with my bank, I would change it. I've been with the same UK bank for nearly 40 years. Not because I'm too lazy to change banks, but because they do what they say they are going to do and they do it when they say they are going to do it.

Suits me.

Oh, and when I banked with the branch in Lincoln, whenever I called on the manager (not every week ;)) I got a glass of sherry.

Booze is out nowadays - but I do get a cup of coffee.

Same here thats the only problem I have had with them and to be honest I personally rate santander .

Why line the pockets of a Spanish company, Support UK company , its people like you that is killing this country by not buying/using UK stuff

Had a nighmare with them!!

Opened an account with them left it empty for a few months, then setup direct debit's to come out at end of month and money to go in from wages. Middle of the next month got a letter saying a DD for £90 had not been paid and was being charged £35 OH contacted them because we had not set up that DD while she was at the bank they asked her if we would be ok for the £400 DD due in 2 day's, another DD we had not set up. She closed the account on that day.

Archived