Dating Website Profiles

Join a real dating site, that place is just full of fat lazy stupid people with too many kids.

a real dating website like what, i don't know, a website that facilitates dating? like that one?

anyway, they all the same. one advertises that they 'match you on deep compatibility' or some such, by getting you to fill in an 'in-depth questioner' to 'find out about yourself so you can find out whom you want'.

now, if you need to find out who you are you're five and have no business dating. if you need a five minute questioner to help you discover who you are you don't need to be looking for anyone at all. well, you need to finding someone, a shrink.

oh, hell. just ranted and said nothing of the OP.

good luck to you, man. hope you find what you're looking for.

Drop the "hunkyjay" it comes across like you are full of yourself.

Take out the comment about making a fool out of yourself, it makes you sound childish.

Strong willed - Stubborn, not an attractive attribute.

Take out the "boring" comment, its not needed.

My bold

The partner would need to be open and honest with her own mind and oppinions, as I am very oppinionated and like to see life without rose tinted views. I am passionate about being intimate and close and wanting to share everything including all my thoughts and secrets, so would expect and need the same from a partner too, but am not too full on and would give the partner time and space to do their own things.

You start well, talking about what you want in a girl, but then immediately talk about yourself again....

List of things that have, in the past, made me click off dating profiles:

1. Spelling mistakes/really awful grammar/random Capitalisation/multiple exclamation marks.

2. 'Wanted' age range more than ten years younger than self.

3. 'Wanted' white-only.

4. Description of self as any of the following: funny (if you're funny, it will be apparent from what you've written. If you have to tell me you're funny, chances are you are not funny); intelligent (ditto); trustworthy/honest/reliable/good-hearted (oh, please); intense (aka weird, emotionally dyslexic, possessive and/or psychotic); tactile (I'd rather discover this when we've been on a date or two, thanks.); passionate (ditto).

5. Under activities or hobbies you have mentioned any of the following: partying (if you are a hardcore clubber, say so. If you go round to your mate's house or your local on a Friday night and drink your own body weight in strong lager THAT IS NOT PARTYING.); specific reference to which gaming console you use; overly-detailed mention of the sport you do (''Play on Wednesday nites for a local Five-a-Side team, I'm no Beckham but it keeps me fit!!! LOL'').

6. You have children, and are at pains to tell me that ''you love them more than anything else in the world.'' I'd expect nothing less. I am not going to try and compete with your children.

7. You see fit to mention the length of your previous relationship or marriage. If you were in it for eight years and have been single for four short months, it's better that I don't know that.

Conversely, anyone who has a genuinely funny profile, regardless of picture, is interesting; anyone with a genuinely gorgeous photo will be sighed and lusted over but probably not contacted; anyone with a profile that lists a hobby that is in ANY WAY DIFFERENT from ''I like going out and staying in, enjoy cuddling up on the sofa with a DVD and a bottle of wine, enjoy walks in the Peaks and city breaks and generally just having a laugh'' has automatically stood out from the crowd.

(I no longer use internet dating sites.)

Stop trying to appear a certain way, just be yourself, asking for advice is only going to leave you confused and it'll coem across in your profile.

Rather than spend hours waiting for someone to tell you what you want to hear, go out, meet up with some friends and have a laugh, get in a happy, positive frame of mind, then quickly pop on your PC, open up notepad, and just start writing your profile, dont think about it, just write.

As soon as you reach a block, or can't think what to write next, stop. save it, and go do something else.

Next time you're in a good mood, come back to it and write a little bit more.

Do not change what you've written previously.

Save it, rinse and repeat.

When the time comes where you look at it and think yep, thats everything i want to put, whilst you're still happy tidy it up a bit, change the order around maybe, just check that it flows.

copy and paste it into word, use the spell checker.

then copy and paste it onto the profile on the site.

For now, just get rid of your existing profile, it's doing you no favours.

Once you've done the above, then reregister with a better name and take it from there.

Looked at your profile, to be honest with you it sucks, you need some help bud.

I've split tested all sorts of styles of profile and opening messages on POF. I know what works and what doesnt.

I'm not a male model by any stretch of the imagination and I get loads of responses, I'm usually communicating with 4/5 girls at a time on there, i always have options and know failsafe ways to transition and get numbers if I want to go on dates.

Do these things and you will be heading in the right direction:

Write less, you don't need to detail every facet of your life, personality or wants and desires. It looks needy. And anyway a man of few words is 'mysterious'! essentially you want to give her the chance to get to know you, if you publish your life story she knows everything and thats no fun.

Make every word count though, if you are funny for instance, convey humour in your profile. Dont say 'I have a good sense of humour'.

Think (and look) at what 99% of the guys are doing on these sites and do the complete opposite. Open a profile as a woman and see what lame messages you get. Then you realise what women have to deal with and why they use FILTERS to save time. Dont be one of those guys that gets 'filtered' out.

Good first messages trump a lengthy profile everytime, but you dont have to spend ages composing individual messages to each girl. I use the same 2 openers and they get responses60-70% of the time.

Get on IM as soon as possible, say you only have a small amount of time to talk. This is called a 'false time constraint'. Talk to her like you have known her for ages, its OK to get sexual but try to avoid being sleazy or cheesy. Avoid talking about past boyfriends / girlfriends etc. The idea is to get her digits quickly, and start texting, then you are no longer 'just' another guy off POF

Im not going into too much more detail here but PM me if you want some specific openers / tips and I will be happy to help you.

T

Archived