Torture what is it really?

By torturing Osama you turn him into a living martyr, do you think that the propaganda machine run by his cronies aren't going to take advantage of that? Most terrorists are STUPID, REALLY STUPID, they are very easy to convince and you would have handed them the perfect situation. "Look how Osama is suffering for our cause, now go strap this bomb on and off you go!" I think the most sensible thing the US has done in this whole war on terror was to shoot him in the head and bury him at sea.

PS I wasn't trying to insult you I was just pointing out how crazy I thought your idea was, apologies if you took it as an insult.

I wouldn’t be stupid enough to tell anyone I had him and that I was torturing him, I might even plan a kidnap in the middle of the night and claim he is dead and buried at sea.

Apology accepted.:)

The public should never know everything about what is being done to keep them safe from terrorists.

I wouldn’t be stupid enough to tell anyone I had him and that I was torturing him, I might even plan a kidnap in the middle of the night and claim he is dead and buried at sea.

Apology accepted.:)

The public should never know everything about what is being done to keep them safe from terrorists.

Don't you see you are making my case for me? Members of Al'Qeda ARE being held in GITMO and ARE being tortured and this provides a platform for the terminally dumb to be indoctrinated into terrorists. The US claims that it is not anti-Islamic whilst torturing, guess what, MUSLIMS! if you were one of the very slow of thought, you couldn't see how this proves the the US is anti-Islam and that your respected and truth telling Imam is absolutely right that you should step on out there with that rucksack full of explosives?

No matter which route you choose, it is no doubt going to affect you negatively. I see what you're saying, and obviously I don't truly know unless I am in a particular situation, but my feelings on this right now is that any innocent person would be 'fair game' to be killed in order to save a member of my own family.

you're right. it's easy as a hypothetical situation. i still would say, basing on what i've seen blood wars do, it's not worth it.

just hope we never have to be in such a situation.

side note, who would you go the most all out for?

They would have no reason to give me the information I wanted untill they started to suffer.

I know if I had something someone wanted, I wouldn't just give it to them. If they started to torture me I would give them what they want eventualy.

you're right to a point. in the case of kidnap for money or so. even then you do get to a point of no return and diminishing returns.

think this debate is, for the moment, in need of a few steps back to cool what seem to be fraying nerves.

I would die to save my family and why as torture turned to religion. Some people won't sacrum to torture and some will. A fanatic won’t help you no matter what so there is nothing lost by torturing them.

wouldn't you say torture does a lot to the torturer too. you would lose a lot of yourself in the process i think. i worry about that as much as all the other facets of it.

Don't you see you are making my case for me? Members of Al'Qeda ARE being held in GITMO and ARE being tortured and this provides a platform for the terminally dumb to be indoctrinated into terrorists. The US claims that it is not anti-Islamic whilst torturing, guess what, MUSLIMS! if you were one of the very slow of thought, you couldn't see how this proves the the US is anti-Islam and that your respected and truth telling Imam is absolutely right that you should step on out there with that rucksack full of explosives?

I do see your point in those circumstance, but I do think telling the world about GITMO wasn’t the brightest idea.

We don’t need to know what is being done to terrorists to keep us safe.

Ignorance is bliss

By torturing Osama you turn him into a living martyr, do you think that the propaganda machine run by his cronies aren't going to take advantage of that? Most terrorists are STUPID, REALLY STUPID, they are very easy to convince and you would have handed them the perfect situation. "Look how Osama is suffering for our cause, now go strap this bomb on and off you go!" I think the most sensible thing the US has done in this whole war on terror was to shoot him in the head and bury him at sea.

PS I wasn't trying to insult you I was just pointing out how crazy I thought your idea was, apologies if you took it as an insult.

would only happen if you're doing it on national tv or webcam.

sorry, couldn't resist.

wouldn't you say torture does a lot to the torturer too. you would lose a lot of yourself in the process i think. i worry about that as much as all the other facets of it.

That’s because you are a nice person, I on the other hand would lose nothing, and its best you don't know the things I would do to keep you safe.

The fanatical lunatics who are murdering US and other Western civilians are, guess what, MUSLIMS!

And if you can't see why this requires their fellow Muslim conspirators to be hunted, caught and tortured to obtain information necessary to apprehend other Muslim extremists, preventing further terrorists atrocities, you must be even slower of thought.

What like the -:

1. Animal Liberation front

2. Army of God

3. Aryan Nation

4. Earth liberation front

I can go on and on if you want. How many members of these organisations are residing in GITMO? I suggest you go read a little more about the subject before you come back.

Archived