Torture what is it really?

Is preventing sleep torture?

Or as i think is it just a tool of pre interrogation.

What makes you think the two are mutually exclusive?

Just about anything that you want to do to a suspect before you interrogate him, in order to soften him up, will count as torture. That's pretty much the definition of torture - tactics inflicted on a suspect in order to soften him for interrogation.

...paddy pants down...

You lost any respect that I might have had for your position right there. Making a "funny little joke" about what sort of rhymes with a persons name that you disagree with? Are you nine years old?

Debate the issue that your thread is about, name calling just undermines the validity of it.

You lost any respect that I might have had for your position right there. Making a "funny little joke" about what sort of rhymes with a persons name that you disagree with? Are you nine years old?

Debate the issue that your thread is about, name calling just undermines the validity of it.

It's a stupid thread anyway. Meyouus doesn't even know what torture means.

i hear you. reminds me of another poster-that changing the name thing.

to answer the OP, near enough anything that would get a confession kicked out of a civilian court of law in a civilized judicial system is torture.

to answer the OP, near enough anything that would get a confession kicked out of a civilian court of law in a civilized judicial system is torture.

So civilian court rules should apply in war? PACE 1984 should apply?

Calm down, paddy is a good bloke. and we agree on the issue as far as not using torture. The issue i wish to debate is the definition of torture.

im of the opinion that the insane liberals have defined torture to include ligitimate interrorgation techniques.

What makes you think the two are mutually exclusive?

Just about anything that you want to do to a suspect before you interrogate him, in order to soften him up, will count as torture. That's pretty much the definition of torture - tactics inflicted on a suspect in order to soften him for interrogation.

seems the rule makers just love to send us to war and then say dont harm annyone.

Archived