Torture what is it really?

how long? never. its what happens when you cant stay in that stress position that counts.

Rubbish. The point of a stress position is that it becomes uncomfortable and you aren't allowed to move. Do you think they say "I think that's enough, I'll have a lay down now"?

Well these are the days we live in. We're not going to define it by any other period of time.

you're right. we can't judge today by yesterday's standards, and the other way round.

so, to say, it's fine coz we did it in '76 is just as bad as saying they were savages then.

in this day and age a lot of things just can't wash. and rightly so.

sorry link not working.

If it's coming up with a "did you mean" option try clicking that. It links to the UN Convention on the prevention of torture. The first few paragraphs will tell you what you need to know.

we seem to be at a point where we have to treat captured enemy according to PACE 1984 plus ammendments. Glad my time is done.

They are human beings just like you...and therefore are entitled to the same respect you would expect yourself. :)

What you appear to lack is basic compassion. Without it we descend into barbarism.

Archived