The adelphi nightclub...

ilaria

I'm surprised it hasn't been raised to the ground! A rate s**thole it was - great music though.

Am i right in thinking that was the place that used to host Uprising a decade back? Still have the Uprising bomber jacket in the loft.

God, used to go to all the "nappy nights" and once going outside for some fresh air when a massive Rotherham gang v Sheffield gang fight erupted outside the place which was just wasteland that really couldn't have been called a carpark.

Just carried on smoking a cig, trying to be as submissive as possible and when anyone approached to whack me said it's nowt to do wi' me - i'm from Donny and bizarrely they left it at that before going to clobber one of their gang rivals until the police arrived.

Was also shocked when i went to buy me weekly Uprising tape when Dj Paulo - who we considered the best out of the lot turned up to Rhythm Nation in Donny taking the tapes. T'was a right shock to the system - we expected them to be living like royalty rather than being paupers delivering tapes out the boot of a battered car.

Anyway, i digress. ahhh nostalgia

no its opened my boyf only started work there tonight and i just wanted to know if anyone knew what time it closes as he said it shuts around 6am and im all alone with his 2 kids who are in bed.and my bed is lonely and cold without him next to me sorry if im sounding a bit off.:(

been on their website but it doesnt say when it closes.

The Adelphi open till 6am at weekends I think. Its actually a really nice venue inside - an old theatre thats been done up. I've only been once - to Planet Zogg in Sept - and was really impressed with it - it had the feel of quite a few London venues due to its old decor & high roofs. I was also quite suprised at how quick it was to get to...

I must admit I've never been to the hardcore or speed garage nights up there - so cannnot really comment...

Archived