Netto stores closing: What's your local one reopening as?

Well people I know say they will be going in and I will definitely go in. The way you are going on anyone would think it was sainsbury or waitrose taking over the shop, Iceland is not dear compared to those and when I have been in iceland I have spent similar money to what I spend in jack fulton, so I doubt that jack fulton will see that much more business. In fact when I need to stock up the freezer then we go to woodseats to the iceland even though we only live round the corner from jack fultons. I use jack fulton when im passing and get a few bits and pieces but would use iceland if they are opening at lane top.

Iceland do not just sell crap processed ready meals if they did my mum would not shop in there as she is not a fan of ready meals and she has used iceland for years, I remember her using the barnsley one when it used to be in littlewoods. Also what is wrong with ready meals now and again, my oh likes to take them to work when he is on a late shift to have on his break as they are quick to cook/warm up in the microwave.

They have done allright for KerryK-if aformer AtomicKitten buys her grub there than thats good enough for me.I like to use Jack Fulton if neither waitrose nor Fortnums are free to deliver-they do lovely microwave Yawksha Puds and excellent dairy-free ice-cream with all those lovely numbers to make the perfect pink.I am off to pop something in the Toshiba as I type-mmmmm lovely grub!

• 2 months later...

Netto Sheffield Lane Top will close for the last time on

Saturday 23rd April 2011.

The building will re-open as ICELAND "after a couple of months of re-fit".

ASDA Parson Cross (Chaucer School) (Wordsworth Avenue/Deerlands Avenue) is

scheduled to open for Christmas 2011.

Wonder if an Iceland will do much business up there.

Doubt it - that freezer centre at Buchanan / Wordsworth didn't last very long.

On the other hand, I think ASDA CROSS will do very well.

Doubt it - that freezer centre at Buchanan / Wordsworth didn't last very long.

On the other hand, I think ASDA CROSS will do very well.

The one at Crystal Peaks always seems busy, but the Lane Top one will be a bit isolated?

The Parson Cross asda, is it gonna be to the size of Chapeltown or Handsworth? 24 hour? I'll be glad when its open as hopefully it'll alleviate the crowds at the other 2. Hope they open one at Drakehouse as has been mentioned, that would be very handy for me.

The one at Crystal Peaks always seems busy, but the Lane Top one will be a bit isolated?

The Parson Cross asda, is it gonna be to the size of Chapeltown or Handsworth? 24 hour? I'll be glad when its open as hopefully it'll alleviate the crowds at the other 2. Hope they open one at Drakehouse as has been mentioned, that would be very handy for me.

I'm not sure how popular Iceland Lane Top will be but maybe people won't travel

too far when they can get frozen stuff at a more local supermarket.

I don't know how Asda Cross actually compares to Chapeltown/Handsworth (size-wise)

but I reckon it will be smaller. No announcement has been made yet on opening hours.

I just hope that people will use two supermarkets and pick up all the bargains and

loss-leaders from both and save a fortune.

We could do with a supermarket price compare website just for sheffield.

why is everyone being so negative about iceland opening at lane top. If people want to use it they will travel to use it. When I want anything from iceland at the moment I travel from firth park to woodseats, so I would definitely appreciate an iceland at lane top.