Searching for info Old Stannington archive

Hi Mags46 - just looking at birth/marriage indexes, Joseph H. Skelton married Alice Beachell in the Wortley district (which included Stannington) in 1922, and their son Donald was born in 1923. Joseph Henry Skelton turns up in the 1911 census return as a ten year-old living with his parents Robert and Georgina at Load Brook. Maybe you already have this information, but I can PM you (i.e. send by "private message") my email address if you'd like a JPEG scan of the census page etc..:)

Hi Mags 46, Joe was my uncle, there is a bit of info and photo's of Joe, Don and Charlie on two other threads on this forum, one is called Stannington people, the other is called Old Stannington, but you will have to use the search part of the forum to find them, as I don't know how to put a link to them on here.

Thanks for that hillsbro, Joe and Alice had another son also, his name was Granville, he got killed in Stannington by a truck in Stannington.

Joe, c1900 to ?

Donald 1923 - 1995

Granville 1925 - 1933

All the family are buried together in Underbank Cemetary at Stannington.

Hi Skippy - here are a few more details:

Joseph Skelton born Sheffield 20 August 1900, died Oct-Dec 1972.

Alice Skelton, née Beachell, born Stannington 6 May 1902, died Apr-Jun 1978

Donald, born 15 July 1923, died April 1995

Granville born 1925, died Apr-Jun 1933

Archived