Would you buy your family childhood home?

I inherited my Mums house after she died four years ago, we went in a few weeks after the funeral to consider clearing it out, and guess what - that sunny little end terrace house wasn't so sunny anymore - it just always seemed that way with the friendly voice calling 'is that you love? Are you ready for a cup of tea ....? as I made my way in, and the lovely enthusiastic welcome that followed - she made the house sunny by her very nature.

We've rented the house out since, and at present having it re fitted throughout, more likely to let, maybe to just let go and sell (yesterdays thoughts) ...

I've lived in Sheffield since '81, and my home town of Dewsbury is showing decline (it's all relative I guess)

So to answer the OP - no, even if I didn't own it, I certainly wouldn't buy it - the area is looking shoddy and the memories aren't so rosy - I'm a luck bloke to be living in this leafy part of Sheffield :)

Possibly, the second I lived in, but not the first or the rest. The first one, holds many memories of violence, drugs and a horrible start. The second, has many memories of being 'free', away from the bad and it marked the start of a better life. But the rest were abit crap and in what i'd call, a bad area, so no.

The one i'm in now, i'd buy it in a heartbeat, if landlords would sell it for a decent price. I've got fields around me, decent neighbours, not too far from anywhere.... this house is bliss.

I would totally as it was the only home I lived in for 26 years.

Large garden, sidewalks, safe and quiet streets. Havent lived there in almost 10 years but still know most of the people on the street.

I have spent nearly six years in a house On Meerbrook Road I love this area.

Sidewalks? Was that Meersbrook, USA?

Nope - West Babylon, NY ;)

I have spent nearly six years in a house On Meerbrook Road I love this area.

We moved here 4 years ago and very happy with it. If we ever move, it would be just a few blocks away to a semi instead of a terraced.

Archived